Friday, November 20, 2009

Just a little memory of mine

I used to love watching Soaps. I was a huge Days of Our Lives fan. I haven’t seen it in a very long time though. I started watching it when I was in the 6th or 7th grade with my sister. I fell in love with the story where Marlena was possessed and the evil Stephano was around. I loved to watch Day’s when ever I could. We would actually tape it on the days we had school. It was a guilty pleasure of mine. So lately I have been thinking about Days a lot. Even so much I looked up Deidre Hall on Twitter and even tweeted a couple times to her.

Back in the day, I don’t remember what year it was but it was a long time ago. Lol. My cousin was getting married in Virginia Beach. He was in the Navy and that was where he was stationed. I remember talking with my family about the wedding and some of my family knew how I liked to watch Days of Our Lives. So when I found out that Deidre Hall’s sister Andrea who used to be on Day’s was coming to the wedding I was so excited. Of course I was excited that my cousin was marrying such a nice woman too.

I found out that growing up her husband and my uncle Steve were really good friends. He was the best man at their wedding and all of that fun stuff. My grandparents knew him really well too. I think my mom did too but I can’t remember. Sadly, My uncle Steve had passed away. My uncle Steve was a great man who loved his family and friends a lot. I couldn’t ask for a better uncle. All of my mom’s brothers were/are wonderful people. Yes, even my uncle who lives in the mountains with all the dogs.

When I went to the wedding I was so excited. I was so star struck. I know she was just a normal person but it was a big deal to me. I hadn’t been watching Day’s long enough to ever see Andrea on the show but she was “Marlena’s” sister. She later returned to Day’s as Hattie. Anyone who knows what Hattie looked like I promise you that Andrea doesn’t really look like that. She looks so much like Deidre it is scary. Andrea is gorgeous.

Andrea and her wonderful husband ended up sitting at our table at the wedding. I ended up sitting next to her at the reception. We took pictures too. They are both really nice people. She gave my sister and I both autographed pictures of Deidre which I still have to this day. It was just really cool to meet her. I think my sister took her napkin as a keepsake.

I don’t know if she still remembers me or not. I do remember her and how much fun we had at the wedding. I am sure they will always both remember my uncle Steve. When my Grandma Rose passed away, I remember that they sent flowers or a plant. That time period is all a little fuzzy to me still. It was a very devastating time for me losing my grandma.

I just felt the urge to share this story with you guys. It has just been on my mind and I think it was totally awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment