Sunday, December 20, 2009

December PBS Sprout Update!

Here is a PBS Sprout update that I received as a member of the Sprout Band of Bloggers!

We have enjoyed watching the Preschool Musical preview on Sprout everyday. Noah loves Caillou’s Christmas Eve and all of the other holiday themed shows. That is just a warm up for next weeks Preschool Musical on TWO sticks. Preschool Musical on Two Sticks: a musical Sproutacular with stick puppets featuring a variety of favorite characters on an exciting journey through a snowstorm. The show premieres Dec. 24th at 5:30pm ET.

We will be watching that as well of course. Noah loves Sprout. It’s not too late to make your own Sprout friends on sticks. You can go to the website and print off the pictures, then color them any way you choose and then have a grownup attach a craft stick on the back and you can play right along with your Sprout friends!

On Christmas Eve Sprout is having the Third Annual Snooze-A-Thon. It is a show that will help your children sleep on Christmas Eve. It is 12 hours of uninterrupted segments that encourage kids to go to bed on time since all of their favorite characters are already sleeping. Starts Dec. 24th at 6pm ET and continues through 6am ET on the 25th. I can’t believe Christmas Eve is on Thursday. Time has flown by this year. Hopefully it will help Noah sleep. He is really excited about Christmas but he is only three so he doesn’t completely have the concept of time and days down. So I am thinking he won’t have problems sleeping. Me on the other hand, I always have trouble sleeping on Christmas Eve. I get so excited and even more so now that I am a mom.

To count down to the New Year Sprout is having Countdown to Noon. Celebrate the New Year the preschool way as The Sunny Side Up Show crew counts down to noon starting December 31st at 11:30am ET. I think that is a great idea! Young kids won’t stay up till midnight nor would my son be allowed to. I had trouble staying up until midnight even when I was young. I used to spend New Years with my grandparents and my cousins. Most years we would change the clock to midnight at like 9 or 10 pm and go out and bang on our pots and pans and go to bed. We would have a huge party too. It was a lot of fun.

For the complete holiday schedule, please go to Sprout's Holiday programing guide
I hope that everyone tunes in to these wonderful Sprout programs. I want to wish you all Happy Holidays and I hope everyone has a safe and fun filled season.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. My little man Loves Sprout!!

    ReplyDelete