Friday, January 1, 2010

I am a ZOMBIE MOMMY!

I have a confession to make! I am what you would call a ZOMBIE MOMMY. I hardly ever wear makeup. I am also considered frumpy. You know in the movie The Stepford Wives when Mike is showing the Stepford video, I am the before wife. So, I have made it my goal since it is New Years Day to dezombify myself. I don’t own much makeup and the makeup I do own is like seriously 8 or 9 years old.

I don’t even really know how to “put on makeup” lol. I don’t want to wear gobs and gobs I just don’t want to look like I am about to go feast on some brains. I don’t even know if my 8 or 9 year old makeup is still in working condition or not. It’s probably toxic and should be covered in Mr. Yuk Stickers! I terribly need a makeover! I am interested in organic skincare. I think that might be better for my skin if their was not all those extra toxins.  I have become more aware of organic things since I had Noah and started blogging.

Next I will discuss my hair or should I say my zombie locks! It’s like frizzy, yet straight. It tangles really easily and really badly. I cut it myself a couple weeks ago cause I got sick of pulling my hair when I would try and get the tangles out. I have broken bristles off my hair brush because my hair is such a mess. It still tangles but at least now it isn’t long tangles!

I love to be comfortable because I spend a lot of time at home. I love to wear pajama pants. I have two pairs of jeans that are both ripped and are so big they fall off of me when I walk. It would be great if I was a gangsta girl, but I am a mommy. I have some cute shirts and cute pajamas but my pants that I wear out are like fleece pants. It’s really sad. I have not wore shorts in like 4 years. It could be 103 degrees and I will be wearing jeans. I have some funky funky clothes! I don’t like wearing them cause I look so frumpy and dumpy. Maybe even like Humpty Dumpty!

I have never been to a spa. I have never stepped foot in one. The most professional massage I have ever had was at the county fair where the chiropractors give you free ones. Then call and harass you for months to come in. Even though you were told a while back by a chiropractor that you have a beautiful spine. I trust him. He works with the Colts I think he knows what he is doing! I have gotten a water massage at the mall a few times. Those are really cool. Especially when they have you watch a TV and listen to the music. It has been a while though.

I have never had a professional pedicure. I had a manicure a few times. That was cool but that was definitely my pre-mommy days. I can only dream of what a spa has to offer. It’s like the episode of Fraiser where they go to that new spa and each door leads to a better room until they end up outside by the dumpsters. Someday, maybe I will go to a spa. I know lots of people go on spa days. I bet it is wonderful!

So, my goal for 2010 is to dezombify myself. If anyone wants to help me on this mission please contact me.

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only wear makeup when I actually leave the house.

    Ummm....I am sitting here in a Snuggie. (Very fashionable, ya know?)

    I would make this a goal but I know I will not follow through with it.

    :Sigh:

    BUT YOU CAN TOTALLY DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like me. I do not wear make up often, and yea i lounge in pj most the day unless I need to leav e the house. Which I only do a few days a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think of it as finding your Inner Diva! Every woman has one, you just have to find her and drag her out. I wish you were close, this happens to be my specialty, LOL

    Your ideas about what is not a "zombie" is a little off though - sexy chic in a set of pajamas is VERY divalicious! And some powder, eyeliner and mascara goes a LONG way.

    Find your inner diva - she is in there! And I have your back 100%

    Kudos to you for your "confession", now let's turn you into a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same way. Frumpy at home. LOL. Pants falling off because they are a size or so too big. Crazy hair.

    But I make an effort when I go out with hubby or special events.

    If you need a make-up tip - try the Mineral Line from Avon. Totally affordable. Super easy to put on. There is an eyeshadow Quad that has a "cheat sheet" on how to apply the colors on the back - that one is not minerals. But once you get used to it, you can use the mineral eyeshadow in the same way.

    Good luck getting sassy in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I call it being comfortable. I don't like to wear much makeup, and I'm lucky that my job lets me wear sweatshirts and yoga pants. I hate taking the time to "do" my hair so it's always thrown back in a headband. Be true to yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love being in comfy clothes.
    Sadly I must go to work every day.
    I have had 2 pedicures and recommend them highly. Heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oy, in my teens, 20-40s I wouldn't leave the house w/o makeup. Now, it's been hit or miss! I actually just got a new pair of NYDJ (Not Your Daughter's Jeans) off eBay (luv them!) because I wore my other pairs out. And for makeup, I did some posts on Southern Magnolia Minerals (luv them!)

    Sometimes we all get in a frump, but I'm happy to see you intend to try to pull yourself out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol Well you and I are complete opposites! I won't even go to the mailbox w/o full makeup and hair at least brushed...crazy I know. If you need help you should ask Trisha from Sweet n' Sassy Girls...she knows all about this stuff. I'm sure she could give you some great pointers! Good luck and happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's great that you are putting a focus on yourself. It really does affect how you feel about yourself and your self esteem. A little goes a long way. I try not to have too many days without doing my hair and at least putting on some make up. The nice thing is it doesn't take much to make you look polished and nice. Trimming your eyebrows and having a nice haircut takes you FAR! If you're married they are gonna react in a positive manner to the change. If you're not, you can do it for yourself or to get out in the dating scene.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep my hair dyed, and my eyebrows and mustache at bay. Those are only because I don't want to look older than I am, or look like Sasquatch LOL. I wear some makeup when I leave the house, but usually just a tinted moisturizer and some mascara. I too want to get into a better routine this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW. Being a guy I am sure I do not have to much to offer but I thought I remeber my wife saying that makeup expires so I have to think 8-9 yr old makeup is no longer good. Maybe check out ELF makeup if you are looking for quality inexpensive makeup. Good luck in 2010 with revamping your look. Maybe do a before and after pic so we can all see your transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. And you were always teasing ME about living in my pajamas. Although I'm sure I do wear mine a lot more than you do! So get yourself prettied up and find you a man already LOL. Jus' messin' wit ya!! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you wear Jammies Pammie! Thanks for your comment. I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  15. well, i'll be 50 yrs in march and never really wore makeup, but in my high school years. and for christmas this year my sister treated me and older older sister to merl norman for a facial and i did not know their facails (1st one) is always free and omg it was wonderful that combo of cream rub and steam is just unlike anything you could imagine which only took about 15 for that part then part of the free facial is that she will write down your faces skin type and the makeup items that best suit your skin tones and put those items on your face. you do not have to buy a single thing. of course my sister bought us each or choice of a $20 item as part of her gift so i picked the lipliner pencil & lipstick combo the consultant picked as my color right for me. i still dont wear makeup but if i ecide too i better know how to apply it now so its a soft look not a look of bold not know how to treatment. if you find a open window one day of 30 minutes schedule yourself an apt for free facail at merl normon for evry town or mall has one and give your self a real treat, you'll love it. also in my younger days (too long ago) I was taught by my mom to only comb your hair when its wet with a comb only beginning at the bottom and working down in tiny sections which will prevent less split ends and detangle it with great results less pain too. i say be your self and if the changes please you great if not do whats comfy and please yourself. God Bless

    ReplyDelete