Sunday, March 7, 2010

Exclusive Interview with Darwin Misha Reedy from American Idol

I thought it would be fun to interview my friend Darwin Misha Reedy. She tried out on American Idol in Seattle for Season 6. She seemed like a really nice person during her audition and I didn’t like what Simon said to her. I think because she is different than the typical American Idol contestant they didn’t want to give her a chance. I became her friend on Myspace and she is such a sweet person. She is so much fun to talk to and she is very caring and nice. I have so much respect for her because she actually went after her dreams of trying out for American Idol. I would be way too nervous and scared. I wanted to share her with all my readers because she is awesome.
Her responses are in bold.

Do you prefer to go by Darwin or Misha? Darwin.

What made you decide to try out for American Idol? I have always been a fan of the show, and my passion is to be a professional singer.

What is going on with your music now days? I'm still a singer and songwriter, but I'm unsigned.

Do you have any links of videos that you have done that people can check out? I have a youtube video, but I'm updating with a new video soon. People can click on the link and subscribe to my youtube channel. www.youtube.com/DarwinMishaReedy

I know you change your hair color often which do you prefer? Black or Blond? Right now, blue-black.

Did you ever finish your Novella that you are writing with your mom? If, so is it going to be published? The Curse of Murmuring Brooks is completed. We are considering setting up a website where fans at a low-price download the novella. I will have a link to it on my myspace page.

I know your mom Sherry is your number one fan, how is she doing? She thanks you for asking. She recently fell and injured her knee, but it is getting better. She is working on her own projects, including sci-fi stories, and is working hard as my manager to promote my career.

Do people recognize you from your audition? In Houston the fans are not as open as in Seattle. They will take your picture in a club or once in a while wave from a car, but no-one approaches you. Seattle fans come up to you, make the rock and roll sign or smile at you. People still recognize me.

What is your favorite memory from the audition? Ryan Seacrest's friendliness and support just before I went into the audition.

Did you meet anyone that you became friends with? Shymalai, her brother Sanjaya and their family the most.

What was Simon really like? Simon was the nicest judge, laidback and witty. He was interested in my writing and encouraged me to do something with it.

Would you audition again if there wasn't an age limit? No, but I possibly would be interested in The X-Factor.

Are you more driven to prove to Simon, Randy and Paula that you can make it? No. I am driven by my own desire for excellence and success. I have my own reasons.

What kind of music do you like to listen to? I enjoy all music genres, but I listed mostly to rock, alternative and rap.

Are you dating anyone? Not at the moment.

Is there anything else you would like to share with my readers? Special thanks to the fans. My email address is www.myspace.com/darwinreedy. You can also contact me at idolgirl01@yahoo.com. If any of you have any ideas or connections to help me get my music and writing out there, please let me know. Thanks also to Sheila for posting in her blog. Hey, Sheila! Please say hello to your beautiful son Noah.

Thank you Darwin for taking time out of your schedule to answer my questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment