Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Skinny Cow Review

Photobucket

I love ice cream, but I don’t love all the fat it can have. If only there was great line of ice cream products that were good for you but didn’t taste like it. Luckily for me, there is. It is called Skinny Cow. Skinny Cow is delicious ice cream treats that are not only delicious but good for you too. All of the Skinny Cow products are between 100 to 150 calories which is significantly less than non Skinny Cow products. All of the Skinny Cow treats are trans fat free!

The Skinny Cow Website is full of fun ideas how to lose weight and live a Skinny lifestyle. I can’t forget to mention how cool Skinny is. Skinny is the mascot of Skinny Cow, she is a lipstick wearing fun and flirty cow who loves to wear green eye shadow and lose weight. I had the opportunity to try the Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches, Chocolate with Fudge Ice Cream Cones and the Chocolate Truffle bars.

Photobucket

The Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches were the best mint ice cream sandwiches I have ever had. I used to buy the store brand because I love mint and that was the only kind I could find before. They were good but they were full of fat and calories. I had to enjoy them in strict moderation. Skinny Cow Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches on the other hand are better. They are so full of mint flavor and the chocolate cookies are the perfect mixture of softness and chocolate. The chocolate cookies hold up well and don’t make a huge mess like some ice cream sandwiches can. They are only 140 calories too!

Photobucket

The Chocolate with Fudge Ice Cream cones were mostly eaten by my son Noah. You know how kids are with their cones. I managed to try a couple after he was in bed. I am not a huge cone person but these were good. Noah thought so too. I liked how they weren’t a huge mess when he was done. We spent our afternoons eating icy creamy ice cream as he would call it. He loves ice cream. Not that he understands calories or fat but I knew I was giving him something that was better for him than some of those other ice cream treats that are in shapes of cartoon characters that have way more than 100 calories like these do.

Photobucket

Last but not least the Chocolate Truffle Bars. These were so rich and creamy and tasted like I was eating a box of frozen truffles. I shared a couple with my mom who loves to eat truffles and chocolate and she loved them as well. They are such a classy ice cream treat. Move over Bon-Bons there is a new decadent ice cream treat in town. Chocolate Truffle Bars are only 100 calories too.

Noah and I enjoyed eating the ice cream treats we picked out at the store. They went fast. Noah’s favorite was the Chocolate with Fudge Ice Cream cones. I specifically picked those out for him because I thought he would enjoy them. I also liked them. My favorite if I had to pick one was the Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches. I have always enjoyed ice cream sandwiches for as long as I can remember and you all know I am a mint girl. Both of the other treats were a stiff competition though. They were all so creamy and if I hadn’t picked them out, I wouldn’t have any idea that they are actually good for you. Honestly some of those other healthy ice cream and ice cream treats are not very good. Skinny Cow was a hit in our house.

The people at Skinny Cow wanted me to share a photo with you all. This would be a great idea for an alternate dessert at a baby shower. It was created by someone at the Skinny Cow office and it looks so good. I love the colors and the presentation is just gorgeous. It would definitely impress the party guests and please the mother to be.

Photobucket


Look for Skinny Cow Products in your Grocery store freezer section. Check out the Flavor Finder to find products at stores near you HERE. You can also download a form to request other flavors from your store's manager.

For more information on Skinny Cow and to read some of Skinny’s humorous Skinnyisms and to send your friends Skinny Cards to help spread the love for Skinny Cow Please visit the Skinny Cow Website.

Thank you to Skinny Cow for providing me with some coupons to try out a few Skinny Cow Products for my review.

2 comments:

  1. I love Skinny Cow also, especially the messy truffle bars lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Skinny Cow is THE BEST, especially for those of us wo do Weight Watchers!

    ReplyDelete