Friday, March 4, 2011

Sheilacakes Dialect Vlog

My friend Annie over at MamaDweeb.com did a dialect vlog and I thought it would be fun to do one too. So you read words and answer questions. Since I am from Indiana I am sure I sound different than others do. I am very shy and I was really nervous while doing this vlog. I sound like a total dork!



Here are the words and questions:

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped
body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry
groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

13 comments:

  1. thanks for joining in Sheila!! It was fun!
    And I think you are silly for not showing your face, but your text that popped up was funny.

    You say "Roote" and I say "Rowt" I love it
    you say Hello to a group of people, that is fun.

    I had no name for the rain while sun shines either.
    You call it a clicker? That is awesome!! Thanks for joining, even if you didn't show your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well of course you pronounced everything JUST RIGHT, since I live in the same area you do!! LOL

    But where did you get that clicker stuff?!?!? It's a remote control!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never even heard the term clicker until Annie said something about this!

    It is pretty funny you didn't show your face but I liked the comments - especially the Caramel one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelia! Good job on your vlog. Hopefully someday you'll get the courage to video yourself. I bet you'd do great! :)

    I say grocery store too instead of supermarket. I forgot to mention that in my vlog. I call the rain when the sun is out a sun shower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually I say both clicker and remote. lol. Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the most surprising word pronounciation for me is the word "syrup" ... I noticed you're one of the few that say "sir up" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. pssst I think it was broke I couldn't see your face. It was kinda like the unknown comic. Lol

    Great vlog. Nice to hear you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're too funny...hubby calls it a clicker as well, but it's definitely a remote!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say Route (like out lol). This is really fun to hear. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Someone else says data as dahtah.

    We call our clicker "the buttons"...how generic of us. LOL

    I've posted my vlog here.
    http://annettefunnyjello.com/2011/03/im-from-yew-tah-and-this-is-how-i-talk-vlog/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where's your cute face? I love what you said to address a group of people. "hello" lol. That was an odd question. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I say Carmel, too - you are the 1st one I've watched (out of about 10) that says carmel (and I am originally from right near Carmel in Indy, too - wonder if that has something to do with it??)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Possibly Jill. Caramel sound really weird to me. LOL.

    ReplyDelete