Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hey Baby What's Youre Niche?


Everyone is always talking about niches.  What is your niche? I am not exactly sure if it pronounced nitch or niche which would rhyme with quiche.  Honestly, I don’t really think I have a specific niche. When I fill out certain things one of the question commonly on the questionnaire is what is your niche or what your main focus is.   True I do a lot of reviews and giveaways but, I also talk about food, family life, being a mom, doing crafts and other bits of random things.  I think that I am my own niche. I am just me, I blog about whatever I feel like. It could be what products I like one day and something random like about baby diets.  I don’t consider my blog as a review blog because I have quite a few personal posts. I think a review blog is a blog that has only reviews, giveaways and other PR related posts. I love doing PR related things but I am a lot more than just PR.   I consider my blog a mish mash of everything.

There are a bunch of great niche blogs out there. I just don’t think I am able to write about just one thing and one thing only.  My friend Laura writes a chocolate blog.  I like chocolate but I don’t have her discipline to do that. I think it is awesome if someone has a niche, or is like me that write about whatever comes to mind.  I have never really been  a certain type of person. When I was in school I was friends with whoever I wanted. I wasn’t a preppy person although I have a funny story about Goodwill, I wasn’t an athlete, I hated gym.  I wasn’t a gangsta, I wasn’t a skater. I was just me. I have always had my own style, did my own thing and was friends with different types of people.  I wasn’t anyone but me.  I would dress whatever way I wanted to, be it a band shirt and cords or clothes from Abercrombie.  It just depended on how I felt that day. 

I guess that is something I carried along with me as I got older. I don’t want to be in a specific group and only do one thing. I want the opportunity to do what I feel like and not be stuck being type casted in the blogging world.

Do you have a niche or are you just like me and do a little of this and a little of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment