Monday, February 6, 2012

Bertolli Frozen Meal Review



Most parents are really busy with their families and they don’t always have the time to make a home cooked meal from scratch. That doesn’t mean that you have to sacrifice quality and taste in your dinner choice.  You can still have a quick and easy and delicious meal. Bertolli is a brand that I was already familiar with, from their other frozen meals and of courses their spaghetti sauces.  I had the opportunity to try out Bertolli’s new frozen meal soup. It is for two; of course you could eat it for two meals, if you wanted. I was really excited to try this new product.  It comes in 4 varieties: Chicken Minestrone, Tuscan Style Beef & Vegetables, Roasted Chicken & Rotini Pasta, and finally Tomato Florentine & Tortellini with Chicken. My son is a really picky eater so sometimes I don’t want to eat the same thing he is having for dinner or lunch.  My tastes are more refined so occasionally we have different foods for dinner.  Bertolli Frozen  Meal  Soup  is different than any soup you can find in the soup aisle of the grocery store. I think that is because all the flavor and ingredients wouldn’t fit in a can.  If Bertolli put this soup in a can, it would have to a really big can.  So, because not everyone wants to carry around a huge can, they decided to make it frozen. I personally think that can soups lose something in the canning process.  They wanted to keep it as fresh as possible, just like your mom would spend hours in the kitchen making. 


I tried the Tomato Florentine & Tortellini with Chicken. The Tomato Florentine & Tortellini with chicken is Cheese-filled tortellini, white meat chicken, spinach and tomatoes in a rich tomato bisque with a hint of basil.   This soup is full of gorgeous vegetables, big chunks of chicken and delicious flavor.  You can tell how fresh the ingredients are. It was really easy to make right on the stove top. It smelled so good when it was cooking that my mouth couldn’t wait to try it. The bisque is amazing and very creamy.   The vegetables retained their color and texture that really makes it special.  It would be great on a bed of rice, but I decided just to eat it with a couple pieces of good Italian bread with special garlic spread.  I was really looking forward to dinner that night, where I finished up the rest of my soup. I really enjoyed Bertolli Tomato Florentine & Tortellini with Chicken and I can’t wait to try the other flavors.

You can find all of the Bertolli  Frozen Meal Soups in the freezer section at your local grocery store.  For more information please visit the Bertolli Website.

Follow Bertolli on Twitter

Follow Bertolli on Facebook
 
 I was compensated by Bertolli to participate in the Weeknight Meal Special Challenge. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment