Saturday, April 7, 2012

How to Make Foaming Soap


I love Bath and Bodyworks soap. I also have a five year old that loves to pump the foaming soap and waste it sometimes. It can get expensive to keep buying soap, and I really need some more and I am not able to make it to Bath and Bodyworks for a while. I already add a little water when it is getting low. I thought since it is just soap I could fill them with a little bit of body wash and add some water. I have body wash that isn’t enough to use to wash myself, so I poured that in the soap container. So I made some new soap. I feel kind of like Tyler Durden.

Here is how you do it:

Take an empty foaming soap container and the body wash of your choice, you can also use hand soap or shampoo and put some in the foaming soap container. Just make sure it is liquid and not the creamy lotion kind, because I have added water to that before and it is just a mess. I would also stay away from the kinds with the little scrubbing beads because they will clog the foamer.


Add some water and mix it up. It is best to fill it before you shake it so you get more use, if you shake before like I did the bubbles will eventually dissolve.
Put the lid on and Voila! Your soap container is full again and you are able to re-purpose the container and that little bit of soap or shampoo or body wash that isn’t really usable.

You can also refill your travel body washes up with more of the same scent to save on buying more travel body wash or if you don’t have more of the scent, you can always use it to make foaming soap.

It’s good for the planet too.

6 comments:

  1. Great idea! I use my leftovers that aren't enough to use in the shower as handsoap, but I never thought to make foaming soap! Thanks for sharing this clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never realized how easy this is! I'm definitely going to try this for the kids' bathroom - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try this at our house!! I never thought to make foaming handsoap with leftover soap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of making things myself. It not only saves money but you know exactly whats in it. I'm going to bookmark this post so when I have time, I can come back and try it. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so easy and neat! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little smiley face made of soap. You're so cute!!

    ReplyDelete