Tuesday, January 1, 2013

An Awesome Mudwalk Find!


We like to go on beach walks and pier walks. When the tide is really low, we go on mud walks. Mud walks are great for shelling. We all collect shells as I am sure you know. Well, my mom found a dead seastar recently.  She brought it home to show us and to dry out.  We have some small starfish but nothing like this. I bought a really cool starfish in The Bahamas, but my mom found this. We had put it in the bathtub for the time being. It was beautiful. It was completely perfect when it came inside.  I noticed that the tips of its legs were falling off. I thought that Noah was messing with it.  It was no longer whole but it was still really cool.




Several hours later, we touched it and its legs started moving a little. We weren’t sure if it was a reflex or something. We have a rule in our house that we don’t keep anything that is alive, or has a creature living in it, even if it is really cool. So, the seastar was put back in the water. Not before I took a few pictures though. It was kind of sad because it was such a rare find.  Noah even cried because he wanted to keep it. I explained why and he understood. It is one of the coolest things we have found to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment