Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I Love White Queso

When I was younger my old friend and I would go to the same Mexican restaurant every week. We were definitely regulars. They knew our names and we had a table we always sat at. No matter what we ordered we always ordered queso. Sometimes we would eat a meal and sometimes we would have strawberry daiquiris and chips and queso. I love it. I found out quickly that it was really hard to find good white queso at the store. It seems like everyone had a version and they weren't the same. They were decent but not the same. I am sure you know what I am talking about. 

Now that I am a mom weekly girl talk at a Mexican restaurant is no longer an option. I looked and looked for that same restaurant quality white queso and probably tried every brand that was on the market. Don't get me wrong, I like the yellow kind too but I have a special fondness for the white. I finally found a brand called Gordos in the dairy section.  I found it in 2007. I thought I would try it and there it was when you heat it up, you have the same cheese. It's the same consistency and it is spot on. I really love it and buy it as much as I can. They have it a lot of places. There is something about chips and cheese that makes my tummy happy.

Have you ever tried Gordos white queso?

4 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a good white queso.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look for this at my grocery store. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really good cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome. Do they sell it at Walmart?

    ReplyDelete