Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Importance of Having a Logo



One of our favorite things to do as a family is go to fairs and festivals.  Living in Florida is the best possible place for that. Every weekend there is something going on. Many times there are so many things going on we have to choose what we want to do.  We have gone to a few events in a weekend before.  There is just so many things to do down here. We always come home with pens, pencils and other things with a company’s logo on it.   We have things from local police departments to window companies and everything in between.  Let’s face it, a logo is a big thing. It is an easy way to remember a company’s name or identify who they are.  Most children know Mc Donald’s logo by the time they are two.  That is pretty crazy. I remember when Noah was three he knew where Comcast was before he could read it.  He saw the logo on their building and pointed it out in the car.  He knew where it was before we did.  I thought that was kind of funny.

It is important if you have a company to have a custom made logo.  It’s easy to do.  I think your logo and name should go hand and hand. Not everyone will remember your company’s name but if they know what your logo looks like, they will remember.  It will even jog their memory if they can’t remember. I know there have been times I can’t remember a company’s name but recognizing their logo I can remember. That is especially true when it comes to grocery items.  You will look for the products with visually appealing pictures and logos.  I have had friends explain to me what a logo looks like for a product to buy.  Especially when the company name is hard to pronounce, spell or remember.  After you have your logo, it’s important to have pens, pencils and magnets made. It will make your number and business easy for them to access. It will also constantly remind them to use your company.  I had a pizza magnet on my fridge and I think I ordered more than I would have because I would see it, and then  get hungry.

You also need a logo to be easily identified on social media, like Twitter and Facebook.  When I am on Twitter, I don’t spend a lot of time looking at Twitter handles, but the picture is what draws me in. Speaking of logos, I need to make a logo for my site. I am not an artist by any means, so I am glad there are sites like Logastar that will create a logo for you in just a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment