Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Enjoying Cocktails with Friends




I have become close to a few of my neighbors.  They are my neighbors but I also consider them my friends. We have started a tradition of getting together for cocktails by the pool or the sun deck. We normally share a meal together and have a great time enjoying each other’s company. I am not a big drinker but I love to create and try new cocktails. I don't really like beer and I don't really drink wine. It's fun to occasionally get together with friends and have an adult beverage together. It is usually very spontaneous.  We like to talk about everything from our children to current events.

I am always looking for new drink recipes. Some I learn from friends but the best place is the Internet. You can have access to so many different places. My favorite liquor is coconut rum, so I love drinks with it in it. You can find out how to make Coconut rum here. I usually have some coconut rum in my home. I just read a great article on different cocktails. I think that the Bikini Brazilian cocktail recipe sounds amazingly good.  It has coconut rum and grapefruit juice in it.  I love how it also suggests alternative ideas in case you don't have or don't care for a certain thing.  Sometimes it is difficult to come up with an alternative ingredient that still tastes good. I have done some crazy experiments. They sounded good in theory.  Some concoctions I have made turned out great and others terrible. I’d like to try and make this crazy cocktail recipe which has coconut rum, pineapples, limes and raspberries. There are so many delicious recipes to try. I think it would be fun to start trying new cocktails every time we get together.

I can't wait to make it for our next get together. Living in Florida, ripe grapefruit is very easy to find too. I can definitely see my friends and me sipping these surrounded by palm trees.

What kinds of cocktails do you like to drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment