Thursday, October 31, 2013

Classico Pizza Sauce Review


I love to eat pizza. Honestly it is hard to find really good pizza. I have a favorite pizza place that is now over 1,000 miles away. I have searched and searched and nothing I found has compared to it. It is also a lot of fun to make your own. I remember growing up when my family would make pizzas together. It is great when you have a picky eater because everyone can make their own.  Noah's ideal pizza would just have cheese on it. He also talks about wanting cherry pizza or apple pizza. I think that comes from me making fruit pizza my whole life. He loves the dessert fruit pizza. I love all kinds of pizza.

Did you know that October is National Pizza Month?  So in honor of  National Pizza Month, I had the opportunity to receive Classico Pizza Sauce to try out. Most people know Classico from their delicious pasta sauces. I also want to say good pizza sauce is also good to find. We tried the Fire Roasted Pizza Sauce. I love the flavors of a fire roasted tomato. I think fire roasting tomatoes changes the flavor. It gives it a more smoky and savory taste.  We also tried the Traditional Pizza Sauce. I really like this one too. I think although it has great flavors I would classify it as more of a family sauce. The Traditional Sauce is what you think of when you eat a pizza. It would be great on English Muffins with cheese for a delicious lunch.

We also received the White Pizza Sauce. I don't think I have ever had pizza with a white sauce before. It looks really interesting and delicious. I haven't tried the White Pizza Sauce yet because I have had a lot of pizza lately. I will be sure to update my post when I do. The White Sauce won't be out for a while. I received a special sneak peak.

So now you have great sauce so what kinds of toppings do you put on it? My favorite is sausage and onion. I like pizza with all kinds of toppings on it. It all depends on who I am sharing pizza with.  Cheese is really important too. Of course you are going to use Mozzarella or some kind of Italian cheese blend. Regardless of which I use, I always throw on some Parmesan. I use either shredded or shaved Parmesan. You can even use Provolone if you want. Be creative and have fun.  Enjoy the special time you have with your family and friends.

What is your favorite way to make a pizza?

I received a Pizza Kit from Classico to facilitate my review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment