Friday, November 29, 2013

Recipes Across America Review




As someone who loves to cook and bake, I love to read cookbooks and use them for meals.   My favorite type of cookbooks are the ones that have all sorts of items to make.  I had the opportunity to receive the Taste of Home, Recipes Across America Cookbook.  It is recipes submitted by readers all over the United States. I love this idea because I love learning about other areas and seeing what foods are popular there. There are so many great recipes. It also has tidbits about different areas, which is extremely interesting. My family’s favorite recipe so far is the Mississippi Mud Pie. We have made it twice in a two week time frame. I also had my mom look at it, because she loves to cook and bake almost as much as I do.  When we were making the Mississippi Mud Cake the first time, we were talking about Marshmallow crème.  When my mom was younger she liked eating peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches.  Since we had some, I thought it would be a good time for Noah to try it, since he loves peanut butter and marshmallows.  I mentioned how my best friend’s children like it. My mom said I read in the cookbook that is a common food for New England.  Noah didn’t like the sandwich as much as I thought he would.  The Mississippi Mud Pie was so easy. We were able to make it from ingredients that we had at home, besides marshmallow crème.   It never lasted long and even Noah liked it.  There are so many great recipes to try out. I am really excited to work my way through Recipes Across America.  It’s like taking a cross country road trip in your own kitchen. You know the most important thing about traveling is trying the local cuisine.

You can find Recipes Across America in a bookstore near you or on Amazon.

For more information please visit the Taste of Home website.

I received Recipes Across America to review, all thoughts and opinions are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment