Thursday, January 22, 2015

Are you a One Car Family?

Not everyone can afford the luxury of being a two car family. Having cars that are safe is the most important thing no matter how many cars you have. I have friends that are one car families. Everyone's situation is different. Maybe they don't go many places without each other. Maybe they live in an area that they can walk to places. Many people live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford it. When I was married, we were a one car family. I was usually the one at home. He would drive me to work and then go home. It worked for us. He didn't work most of the time so I didn't have to worry about not picking me up. I also worked close to home so I could walk if I needed to. We definitely didn't have much money.

The economy has really effected almost everyone. Throw in rising food prices and some people have to sell their second car just to pay bills. An extra couple hundred dollars a month may not be something everyone can afford to spend. Being a one car family regardless of the reason is fine. We all live differently. Cars have become status symbols and it shouldn't be that way. If you decide to become a one car family, there are things to consider. You have to discuss and see if it's an option for you. You can always save and get another car down the road.

Check out my post about becoming a one car family.

No comments:

Post a Comment