Sunday, April 12, 2015

I used to be the Car Sick Queen

I used to be the car sick queen. I used to throw up every time we were in the car for an hour or more. I vomited almost every time we drove to my grandparents. I was getting really good at vomiting in a plastic bag. I hated it. I guess it started when I was two. We went to Santa Claus Land and I got so car sick that my mom had to throw away my car seat at a rest stop in the trash can. My mom said it smelled too bad to keep it.

Noah is unfortunately following in my footsteps. It's become a running tally about how many states Noah has thrown up in. My mom used to give me car sickness medicine hidden inside a spoon of peanut butter.  I used to not be able to swallow pills so this was her "remedy" for this. I still can't eat a spoon of plain peanut butter without gagging. I really think that car sickness is something you grow out of as you grow up. Hopefully Noah will get over his bouts of car sickness soon.

Check out my post about preventing car sickness for tips and tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment