Sunday, May 24, 2015

Traveling with a Smartphone



I use my smart phone a lot. I always have it on me. I do take time where I am not constantly checking it or texting people. It’s a great device to have. I am not sure how we got a long without it in the past. I know we did, but it makes life so much easier. I love to use my phone when I am traveling. There are so many great apps that make things so much easier. You can book a hotel from your phone, you can find places to stop, and you can use it as a map when you are lost or to find out where you are going. I love map apps because I am horrible with directions. I tend to get people lost on occasion. It’s so easy to whip out your phone and just not have to worry about where you are going. There’s tons of different apps that do different things that will help your travel be so much easier. Now you don’t even have to print your boarding pass when you fly. You just hand them your phone and they can scan it. You don’t have to worry about dropping your boarding pass on the ground or digging for it as I have done many times before. You don’t have to worry about giving them the wrong part of your boarding pass for your connecting flight. It also saves paper. That is true for most travel apps. You don’t have to write things down or print them off. You don’t have to worry about leaving it on the counter and remembering that you forgot it, when you are 300 miles from home. Your kids can’t kick it out of the car, draw on your information or throw their gum in it. It’s kind of hard to know which apps are great and which aren’t. It’s important to read the reviews and see if there is any issues or bugs with the app itself.

I created a list of some really great travel apps for you to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment