Thursday, July 9, 2015

Random Acts of Kindness for Strangers



I love to give back to others. I have had people give back to me in the past through random acts of kindness. They don’t have to be big things, you don’t have to spend tons of money or even any money at all. It could be as simple as letting someone else go in front of you in line. If you are feeling up to it, maybe paying for their groceries too.  There are so many ways you can give back to others. You could buy the person behind you coffee or even their meal. You could help someone with food or donate to a food bank. It’s really important to me to teach Noah about giving back to others.  My Grandma Rose was a big giver and I have followed in her footsteps. You can really do random acts of kindness anywhere. 

You don’t even have to plan them out. One day I was out with a friend and his mom and an older man in a motorized cart was in line and I let him go in front of me and when the cashier was helping him with his groceries I quietly told her I would like to pay for this gentleman’s groceries. I think she thought I was a little crazy and the man didn’t know what to think. It felt good to help him out, even if he didn’t even need it. I also try to help those who seem to be in need through a little bit of money if they are on the side of the road. I am truly blessed with all I have, I can afford to help just a little bit when my heart feels that it is right.  If more people took the time to stop and help others the world would be such a better place.

Check out this article about giving back while on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment