Monday, January 4, 2016

77 Things you can Save on at the Dollar Store





I like shopping at the dollar store. I remember going there all the time as a teenager, cause well I didn’t really have much of a life.  I still shop there any chance I can get. I am always amazed at what I can find. Dollar stores are synonymous for having junk. That’s just not the case. I wanted to share some awesome dollar store finds, plus their inventory is always changing. 

Here’s a list of 77 things you can save money buying at the dollar store.

Light bulbs- Hello! Score! You can get flood lights or 60 watt lightbulbs. The 60 watts come in a two pack, plus they are traditional ones. Not the swirly kind! They also have specialty light bulbs for your refrigerator or for your chandelier that can be pricey. 

Aluminum Foil- You always need foil. For wrapping up left overs or keeping the aliens away with a tin foil hat.

Plastic wraps and zipper bags, you get less of them but not everyone buys them in bulk like I do. I need my bags for all kinds of odds and ends.

Kitchen tools-  Plastic spoons, Spatulas (both kinds), Pasta scoopers and almost everything you can think of, Measuring cups, Measuring spoons. I lost my pasta scooper and I needed a new one and I looked at Walmart, Target, Kohls, etc They all wanted $5! I am fairly confident that somewhere I have no less than three more of them packed away. I am a mama on a budget.

Bakeware, yes cake pans, roasters, cookie sheets etc. Some are disposable.  I like the foil ones for when I am making flat iron steak so I can just toss it out. They also have actual metal bakeware and pizza pans too.

Diapers, yes they sell diapers. While it’s a much smaller pack than at regular stores, it does give you FIVE diapers. That’s great for the car or for those times you are out and forget to pack diapers. We have all done that before.

Wipes

Double Sided tape

Minions Bandages

Now and Laters

Pop Rocks

Laffy Taffy

Brownie Mixes

Frozen Food

Fresh Fruits

Sharpies

Wrapping Paper and GIFT BAGS

Poster Board

Science Fair boards

Flashlights

Phone chargers

Coloring books

Pipe Cleaners

Googly Eyes and other crafting items

Warm Gloves

Mylar Balloons that they will fill. Party stores charge like $5 for one. 

Plastic Cutlery, Napkins and plates for parties

Silverware

Matches and Lighters

Spices

Crest and Colgate toothpaste in full size tubes

Tools

Picture frames

Puzzles

Party Favors

Crepe Paper and decorations

Reading glasses

Sunglasses

Silly String

Glow in the Dark things

Cereal

Chips

Children’s Generic Tylenol

Aleave

Many different over the counter meds

Ointments, Creams, Petroleum Jelly

Pregnancy Tests

Small bottles of Downy

Detergents

Household Cleaners

Baskets

Small totes

Trading cards like Star Wars, Phineas and Ferb and Pokemon

Cat nip

Dog Treats and toys

Pet brushes

Batteries

Greeting cards 2/$1

Shampoo and Conditioner

Crackers

Soups

Pacifiers and other baby items

Pool noodles

Pool toys

Inner tubes

Shower Curtains

Kitchen Towels and Washcloths

Capsules that grow sponges

Grow toys

Teacher stuff

Shower caps

Grooming stuff

Mugs

Plates

Candle holders

Soda

Balls

You might think it’s all cheap stuff but there are many brand names in the dollar store too. Oh and they take coupons so you could get things for super cheap or even free.

To save even more money check out Swagbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment