Sunday, January 17, 2016

WishGarden Herbal Remedies




Winter is in full swing. There’s the cold air and yes, germs everywhere.  I think that because we spend a lot more time inside, it gives us more opportunities to get colds and the flu. The germs are more concentrated. Noah is in the third grade so he is exposed to the germs of his classmates and their families. He also rides the school bus so he is exposed to many more kids who may have viruses too. Thankfully, Noah has a really good immune system but I end up getting sick when he doesn’t.  We all know about cold medicines that will help us feel better, but there’s things we can take to help boost our immune systems. I am very careful about what I put in my body. I was introduced to herbal supplements from a friend of mine. I didn’t really know much about them before that.  I had a chance to learn about a company called WishGarden Herbal Remedies.


After my second cold, I was really excited to try out Kick-Ass Immune. As I am getting older, I find myself getting sick more often. I am a single mom and getting sick is not something I have time for. I remember getting the flu when Noah was four. It was awful. I threw up for 4 days straight. I thought I was going to die. I would get up to get Noah whatever he needed, throw up, get it and give it to him then throw up again on the way back to bed. I never wanted to feel like that again. I have been taking Kick-Ass immune per the directions which is 4-6 pumps under my tongue 3 times a day. While it’s not guaranteed to prevent any illness, I am using it as an extra layer of defense.  Here’s what’s in Kick-Ass Immune:  Yerba Santa leaf, Baptisia root, Elderflower, Yarrow aerials, Goldenseal root, Echinacea Purpurea root, Lovage Root, Cinnamon bark, and Osha root. You can also put it in water if you don’t want to spray it under your tongue. 

 I knew I was starting to feel older when I would start pulling random muscles. I would reach for the remote from behind me and I would pull a muscle. It is so painful that I would want to throw up. I think that it’s because I am so tense, it’s easier for it to just pull.  I also have quite of bit of stress when it comes to paying bills and just normal everyday life. Being a blogger it’s not like having a steady paycheck that you can count on every week or two. It can make me tense up worrying about finances. I have the worry gene so it makes everything worse. I also was able to try out Serious Relaxer which is a spray that can help relax your body from stress, muscle tension and help calm you down after a busy day. I received Serious Relaxer before Christmas and with all the holiday baking, shopping and running around I definitely needed a way to help myself relax. I use this one as needed. I just squirt 5 pumps under my tongue and it seems to help me. If I need it, I will repeat in five minutes. I have only had to repeat once. Here’s the active ingredients in Serious Relaxer: Wood Betony (European) aerials, Wild Lettuce aerials, Valerian root, Black Cohosh root, Passionflower aerials, Scullcap aerials, Ginger root, and Hops strobiles

The last one I tried is called Sleepy Nights and Fresh Mornings. I occasionally have trouble sleeping. It’s not an everyday thing so I wouldn’t say I am an insomniac. It comes and goes. Sometimes I will sleep great for weeks and then all the sudden my sleep schedule will be messed up for a week. Once your sleep cycle is messed up, it’s really hard to get back on track. When I was younger, I would just stay up all night and day and that did the trick. Of course I was younger and if I took a nap forget about it. I was stuck again. I can’t stay up all night and be a functioning mom to my son. I had been using Benadryl to sleep but that has a nasty groggy effect and I am still tired when I wake up.  I would drag myself out of bed. I knew that was probably a bad idea anyways. I was more likely to nap the following day. I decided that I was going to use Sleepy Nights instead and it helps me drift off to dreamland without feeling like I am a zombie mommy the next morning. I seem to be sleeping much better when I use Sleepy Nights and Fresh Mornings. I use 5 squirts under my tongue at bedtime or when I wake up in the middle of the night. You can repeat in 10-15 minutes if you are not asleep. You can’t do that with other sleep aids. You are stuck if you don’t fall asleep.  Contains no Valerian, No Kava on purpose. Active ingredients are: Passionflower aerials, Scullcap aerials and Hops Strobiles.

Check out the WishGarden website for more information, other awesome products and to order online. Be sure to check out the monthly specials and free shipping on all orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment