Thursday, April 7, 2016

Check out High Strung in Theaters April 8!




I love to watch movies. I love to quote them and make movie references. I get really excited when a new movie comes out. I am not always able to go the theater because of my schedule, but I still love movies. I also have this habit of reading the Internet Movie Database and checking out the trivia and goofs. I also visit Wikipedia. I just find all of that really entertaining. I love to talk movies with anyone who will listen. My mom isn’t a big movie person, so whenever I can talk to my aunt about movies, it’s really fun.

I learned that there is a new movie coming out tomorrow called High Strung. It focuses on two 
dancers, Ruby Adams who is from the Midwest in New York City on a scholarship and Johnnie Blackwell, a British Musician who earns his money by playing music in the subway tunnels. They are from two different worlds. Ruby’s world is methodical and conventional while Johnnie’s world is full of using his street smarts and improvising. After a hip-hop battle turns disastrous they are faced with having to work together. They start out mismatched but once they start to get to know each other they see past their differences and form a bond. Like most things they have to go through the trials and tribulations of competing in New York City. Ruby and Johnnie receive help from a dynamic dance crew called The SwitchSteps to try and save Johnnie from being deported back to the UK and for Ruby to save her scholarship that she worked so hard for. Will they find the harmony they need to survive the streets of New York or will it all crumble before their eyes? 

Here is the trailer:




 Doesn't it look fantastic? I love that Jane Seymour is in it too. She was great in Love Struck.  It's rated PG, so you can take the family and share it together. It's a great film about learning to embrace each others differences and learning to work together.

Be sure to check out the enthralling spectacular conjoining contemporary and classical dance with cutting edge hip-hop, the two must navigate their opposing worlds and prepare for a competition where the stakes are so high that, it will impact their lives forever.

For more information and to find a theater please check out the High Strung Website

 Follow High Strung on Twitter

I am working with High Strung to promote the movie. All thoughts and opinions are my own,  

No comments:

Post a Comment