Thursday, July 7, 2016

Road Trip Snack Recipes



When we travel, one of the things I spend quite a bit of time thinking about is the snacks I am going to take with us. I don't like spending extra money on snacks at a gas station. Unless I find a really cool candy store or something that is really special. I often like to prep snacks instead of getting them from the store. I thought that I would share some of my favorite road trip recipes with you.

Nut free Snack mix-this is very flavorful.
9 Tablespoons of butter
2 1/4 teaspoons of seasoning salt
3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
3/4 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
5 cups square cereal
1 cup broken pretzel thin sticks
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Melt the butter in the oven
Combine the seasonings and Worcestershire sauce together in the butter.
Mix in the cereal and pretzels and bake for one hour. Sit every 15 minutes. Let cool before eating and enjoy.

We went strawberry picking and ended up with eleven pounds strawberries. We had so many strawberries I decided to make some fruit leather. It was a great way to use up some of the strawberries.  I am sure this Indiana based Chrysler Car Dealership would agree with me because they are located in the city where the Indiana Strawberry Festival takes place.

Fruit leather
1 pound strawberries
Throw the strawberries in the blender until they become liquid.
Spread on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Bake in a 175 degree oven for 2 and half hours or until completely dry.

Trail mix
1 cup chocolate candy buttons
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups Goldfish
2 cups pretzels
2 cups Marshmallows
1 cup nuts
1 cup graham bears

Combine in a big zip top bag and shake shake shake. You can portion it in little bags for easy access.  I like to write little jokes and draw on the bags.  Marshmallows and Goldfish are really good together.

I hope you enjoy these fun and delicious Road Trip Snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment