Tuesday, October 4, 2016

An Unexpected Road Trip

It's so much fun to take an unexpected road trip with friends. I remember when we went to Florida unexpectedly. I used to travel randomly pretty frequently. So randomly going to Florida, wasn't that out of the ordinary for me. Sometimes a road trip is just what you need to clear your mind and repair your heart. When I had my miscarriage, it was a very hard time for me. I was heartbroken and devastated for a really long time. I had ended up meeting this girl who was dating my exhusband's friend. I met her once and they showed up at the memorial service for my miscarriage. They were supposed to be on their way to Florida. They ended up postponing their trip and being there for us. My friend and I were joking about me going with them. I think I said I was going to hide in the trunk. It had been a really hard few months between my miscarriage and his aunt being struck by lightning. I think that the guys picked up on that because we went with them to Florida. It was crazy. We ended up hopping in the car that night. I had a bunch of laundry to do before we left so we went to a laundry mat to get it done quickly.

It was really cool because I felt like I really bonded with my new friend. It still touches me to this day that she was randomly there for me. We drove to Daytona Beach and stayed in a hotel for a few days. After that, we drove down to Ft. Lauderdale and visited with my ex-grandparents in law. I guess it was a quick call that we were coming to visit. It was a really fun road trip. We ended up getting lost in the wrong state because we were playing the band game. You have to say a band that starts with the last letter of the band's name. It was pretty funny when we missed our exit and ended up not knowing where we were. We didn't have GPS but thank goodness for maps. It was so nice to just get away and not have to worry about anything but going to the beach and just relaxing.  I highly recommend taking an unexpected road trip with people you love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment