Sunday, November 6, 2016

Easy Homemade Chicken Parmesan Recipe





My favorite Italian food is Chicken Parmesan. I order it at almost every Italian restaurant I go to. Parmesan is my favorite cheese after all. It seems like it's a difficult dish to make but it's not. It can be a little time consuming with frying the chicken. I like to make extra and freeze the cooked chicken for a quick meal later. I have been making chicken parm for years. I used to use Shake n bake but it wasn't needed. I did learn to not pour hot grease in a plastic party cup because it will melt quickly. 



 Here's my recipe:
 You will need:
A package of raw chicken tenders or breasts
Pasta sauce of your choice. I make my own.
1/2 cup Bread crumbs
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Italian cheese
Vegetable oil
Two eggs

Pound chicken very thinly between wax paper

Mix cheese and bread crumbs in a shallow baking pan.

In a separate baking dish crack two eggs with a tablespoon of water. Beat together.

Starting with the egg mixture place the chicken in and coat with egg. Then the bread crumb mixture.

Coat the bottom of your skillet with oil about an inch. Heat on medium high and fry each piece of chicken until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat until all chicken is cooked.

In a 9x9 pan spread a layer of sauce. Then a layer of chicken. Followed by sauce and another layer of chicken followed by a final layer of sauce.

Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from the oven and cover with Italian cheese.
Return to the oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.  Serve with shredded Parmesan on top.

I like to make broccoli on the side. I make broccoli with Parmesan and bread crumbs. It ties together nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment