Saturday, May 20, 2017

What to look for in a new neighborhood




Street of homes

Summer is a popular time for families to move. You don't have to worry about your child changing schools in the middle of the year. It can be difficult to move during the school year because you aren't quite sure where the lessons are at the new school. Will they have lessons your child already did? Are they learning something your child has no idea about? Timing is important when you move. Of course, there are times when you can't wait and that's fine too. Talking to their new teacher can make the transition smooth. 

There are so many homes on the market. When you are shopping for a new home make a list of things you want and things you don't want. It can be different for each family. When I am home shopping there are specific things I look for in the neighborhood. Having a good realtor is also important they will help you find the right home for you. If we were to move out of state, I would consider Ohio because it's a lot like Indiana. I like to look at houses when I am bored. I have been looking at the MLS listings in ohio. It's fun to think about living elsewhere.

I prefer living in a neighborhood where there are people around. I look at the actual neighborhood when I really like a house. I want Noah to have friends to play with where he can just walk to their house. I like the community feeling a neighborhood provides. I like knowing that my neighbors are there in case I need them. I always look for a neighborhood pool because Noah is a fish and loves to swim. My ideal neighborhood would have a hot tub too, but that's hard to find. 

The safety of the neighborhood is important too. I don't want to live in an area with high crime. I want to feel safe with Noah playing outside, at the bus stop and at night. I don't want to live somewhere where drugs are a problem or there's things I don't want my family exposed to. 

I always look at the schools. Not just the school Noah will go to, but all the schools. Education is so important to me. I want Noah to go to a high rated school with nice kids. It seems like there's a lot of fighting at schools. I want to make sure Noah feels safe and is able to learn to his ability. 

Location is also something I look at. I like to be close to stores and restaurants. That way it's easier to get to. If they have restaurant delivery, well that's even better. I prefer to live in a suburban area. I am not a big city girl but I am not a small-town girl either. I also like to have fun things to do close by. Noah and I love to go out and do things together as a family and make great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment