Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The Headless Horseman is back at Conner Prairie





Since it’s October and that means Halloween, Noah and I have been having some spooky fun together. We both don’t enjoy really scary things, so haunted houses are out of the question for us. We did however go to The Headless Horseman at Conner Prairie. I went when I was growing up and I have wanted to share this fun event with Noah. I went in 2010 when Noah was four but he stayed home with my mom. If I were to compare the two times I went recently, I would have to say this year’s events were more fun than in 2010. There is more to do this year and of course, I was able to share it with my love. They added two corn mazes and midway games.


Normally, I steer clear of games at events because they are hard to win and cost money. At Conner Prairie, it’s included in your ticket. You can win tickets to be entered in a raffle. We both tried the game where you hit the weight with a hammer and try and get the bell to ring. I was so nervous as Noah was doing it, I was afraid he was going to hit himself in the head or someone else. He did a great job. Neither of us hit the bell, but it was fun to try.  We also went to visit the Mystic. Noah wasn’t too sure about it, but after I got my palm read, he got his done too. The Mystic was fantastic. There was no line and I was looking forward to it. They also offer face painting for an extra fee, Noah didn’t want his face painted though. There was karaoke, a puppet show and so many different activities.


We both loved the hayride. We planned it so we would be on it, as the sun was setting. It was a lot of fun. We were the first on the wagon so we had our pick of where we would sit. We chose the back of our wagon. It was longer this year and there was added spooky effects. It wasn’t too scary, but may have been at night. The Headless Horseman went for my head. He wanted it. Thankfully, I was able to hold on to it. I am not sure how many heads he collected that night, but not ours.

They had two corn mazes. A shorter one for kids and a longer one for teens and adults. We went in the short maze and decided it was getting too dark and turned back for the exit. Somehow, we crossed in to the long maze and came out its entrance. It was funny because I saw a person who was pretending to be a statue, and I was like is that a real person? It was because he started laughing. 


We really pigged out at The Headless Horseman. We shared Kettle Corn. I am not really a fan of Kettle Corn but it was really good. Conner Prairie also has really good tasting water. We both enjoyed the water fountain.  After our hayride, I had an elephant ear and Noah had a soft pretzel. They were both really good. I love elephant ears. On our way out, we visited The Apple Store. Somehow, we went in the exit, and was able to be helped right away.  I got cut apples with caramel. I had a plastic container in my purse to put it in.  I knew I wasn’t going to eat it right away. I ended up heating it up in the microwave for 30 seconds when I got home and it was so good.

Noah got a caramel apple. I guess it was his first one. He had a candy apple once but didn’t like it. I didn’t let him eat it that night. We also got a large Cider Slushie and it was so incredibly good.  Noah enjoyed the caramel apple. I told him when I bought it, that I was going to cut it. I know first hand how messy it is. It never gets finished because you get sick of biting it. I also wanted some. I wasn’t sure how I was going to cut it. I envisioned a mess. I took my apple slicer and it cut the apple perfectly without making a mess. It was genius. Now you can share a caramel apple with ease.

If you want a fun family event with lots to do, go to The Headless Horseman at Conner Prairie.

Thank you to Conner Prairie for providing us with complimentary tickets for our review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment