Monday, April 23, 2018

Hand feed hummingbirds with Hummer Ring®




One of my favorite things about spring is the beginning of hummingbird season. I remember watching hummingbirds as a child and wondering how they could fly so fast. We always have hummingbird feeders because my mom loves birds. I also remember my cats watching them through the window. Hummingbirds always dance around like a child begging you to play with them. When we go to New Mexico to visit my sister there are hummingbirds everywhere. I love watching them flutter around in the mornings.  
 
As a child, I always wanted to feed them like I would feed a duck or a goose. I wanted to have an up close and personal experience with a hummingbird. I didn’t think it was possible until I learned about the Hummer Ring®. It’s a little hummingbird feeder that you wear as a ring. You can hand feed the hummingbirds. The hummingbirds in New Mexico didn’t seem to be phased by people at all. They would fly pretty close to me. I can’t wait to feed them from my Hummer Ring®. Noah loves animals and birds too. I would love to see him feed the hummingbirds too. That would be amazing photos. I think that schools should have these for science class. 
 
Here are a few fun hummingbird facts:
Hummingbirds can fly 60 miles a hour. They also beat their wings about 78 times per second. 
 
They also have 1,500 feathers and can fly forwards, backwards, up, down and upside down briefly. 
 
They have to fly over the Gulf of Mexico to get to Mexico and Central America for the Winter. They have to eat 1 and 1/2 times their weight to make the trip. They normally eat half their body weight a day. Could you imagine eating half your body weight every day? 


 
It’s really easy to use. First, place it by your other hummingbird feeders so you train them to become comfortable feeding from the ring.  Once they are feeding from the ring, it can be placed near the area where you will be feeding them to bring them in more closely.  Finally, wear the ring and watch as your hummingbirds eat right out of your hand!  Children and seniors love to use the Hummer Ring® and it’s perfect for vacationing at the lake or while camping.  They make terrific gifts and at only $4.99 each, you can get one for every member of the family!  They are reusable and easy to clean. You will get many great memories from Hummer Ring®.  I would recommend buying each person one so they don’t argue over this really neat product. It helps families connect with nature and each other. 

Hummer Ring recommends using the Songbird Essentials brand nectar. It is available in easy mix powder, ready to use liquid, and concentrate liquid form.  The nectar and other accessories are available at www.HummerRing.com as well, through checkout.   



 
For more information please visit The Hummer Ring® website.

No comments:

Post a Comment