Saturday, September 14, 2019

Road trip to Chicago

I have lived in Indiana most of my life. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know it’s right next to Illinois. Chicago is a popular place for people in Indiana to spend a weekend to get away. I have never been to Chicago. My mom and sister would go there after Thanksgiving when we were growing up. I have never been a big shopper so, I would always go to my grandma’s house, which was always better than shopping. I have driven through Chicago to go visit my cousin. That doesn’t really count because I didn’t do anything there.  We didn’t even get out of the car. I have been to the Chicago airports. That doesn’t count.  I just turned 38 so maybe it’s time to plan a Chicago road trip. I always hear about some of the fun things people do there. 

I would definitely want to go to the Navy Pier. I can see us going on a river cruise and riding the Centennial Wheel. Did you know that the Ferris wheel debuted at the Chicago’s World Fair? I don’t think Noah has ever been on one before. I’m sure Noah would want to go out to eat. I’m sure he would pick Bubba Gump because we always go there in Florida. 

While I was researching, I found a tour called Gangsters and Ghosts. That sounds like fun because I find gangsters interesting. The only problem is I am big scaredy cat when it comes to ghosts. I’m sure there’s probably a gangster only tour. 

We love museums. Noah and I would check out the Museum of Science and Industry. Noah is my scientist. He loves learning about how things work. When he was a toddler, he would try and figure out how his toys were made. He also loves animals and space. I bet the Spacewalk simulator would be amazing. 

No road trip would be complete without checking out the aquarium. Noah has been to aquariums all over the US. Everywhere from multiple aquariums in Florida to New Mexico. He loves fish. When he was in kindergarten he would draw fish on all his schoolwork. 

As far as food, I would love some Deep Dish Pizza at Gino’s East. Portillo’s is a popular restaurant in Chicago, but they built one close to where I live. I could probably find food for days. 

Do you have any recommendations on must do things to do on a Chicago road trip?  


No comments:

Post a Comment