Saturday, October 19, 2019

Cool Cars

There have been some pretty awesome cars throughout the years. Classic cars are some of my favorites. It’s always neat when you are driving down the road and you see a rare car. I always point it out to Noah. I also love classic car shows. I love that people take such good care of their cars and not run them in to the ground and use them as a drivable trash can.

Growing up, my dad and Grandpa Bill both had some pretty cool cars. When I was in elementary school, my dad drove a Mercedes. I still remember that car, mostly from pictures. It was an ugly brown. After that my dad had a Porsche. I remember thinking how little the back seat was. It wasn’t really a family car. It was still really cool. My Grandpa Bill had a Ferrari and a Lamborghini.  It was always a treat to go for a ride in either car. I don’t actually remember going anywhere with my Grandpa Bill unless it was for a ride around the block. I am sure I probably did at some point. Looking back, almost all the times I saw him it was at my Grandma Diana’s house which was strange because they were divorced before I was born. While I remember my childhood, I don’t remember every detail. 

My old best friend’s dad had a MG. I believe it just sat in the garage. Throughout our many years of friendship, I never saw anyone drive it. I don’t even know if it actually ran or not. Maybe it was like Cameron’s dad’s car in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. It’s just strange I never saw it move. We spent a lot of time together. 

My neighbors had a Polaris Slingshot for a while. It looked really cool. It’s a mix between a car and a motorcycle. I always thought it would have been fun to ride in. I also love classic cars. I have always wanted to ride in a Shelby mustang or a really old convertible. I think that would be interesting. I would definitely be thinking about the history of the car and what happened in it?  I love thinking about the past and what it was like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment