Saturday, September 2, 2023

Easy and delicious Stuffed Shells Recipe

 


I love Italian food in all shapes and sizes. I love the cheese and the sauce. Parmesan is my favorite cheese. I also love garlic. It's one of my favorite things. There is no such thing as too much garlic in my opinion. However, it does need to always be fresh. The only time I use garlic powder is when I make Chex mix. Fresh garlic is always the best. 

One of the recipes I like to make is stuffed shells. I don't make it as often as I like because it makes a lot of food. I am not even sure how long I had the box of jumbo shells in my pantry, the date was still good. It just sounded so good. So I made it before Noah and I watched The Wizard of OZ. It was his first time. I'm surprised I was able to convince him to watch it. 

I wanted to share my super simple stuffed shells recipe. Try saying that five times fast. 

You will need:
19 jumbo shells (cook extra incase they break)
15 ounces of Ricotta Cheese
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan 
5 cloves of very minced garlic (I use the Nextrend Garlic twist to mince it)
Spaghetti sauce (I use Hunts in a can) 
1 cup  shredded Mozzarella 
A few sprinkles of Italian seasoning 

Cook the shells in boiling water for 8 minutes. Let drain and cool. 

In a bowl mix the ricotta, Parmesan, garlic together. Sprinkle in a little bit of Italian seasoning. Be sure not to go overboard. 

Coat the bottom of your 13x9 pan lightly with sauce. 

Stuff a spoon full of the mixture in the shell. Place in the pan.

Pour over the remaining sauce. 

Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. 

Sprinkle Mozzarella on  top and return to the oven for 5 minutes. 

Enjoy!

The garlic is such an important part of it. The garlic really comes through beautifully. It really gives it a lot of flavor. It's such an easy and fun recipe to make with your family. Many stuffed shell recipes call for egg but I don't use it. 

I am really looking forward to dinner tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment