Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Reeses Snack Barz Copycat Recipe



My mom and I have this running joke where we don't like to try new foods because when we do, they get discontinued. I am not sure why that always happens. They are delicious products that lots of people like. One notable item is a chip that we both loved. One day they were there, the next day they were gone. 

We used to love a candy bar called Reese's Snack Barz. They had a cereal treat in them. You could find them usually with the granola bars at gas stations. We used to get them all the time. My mom doesn't like candy as much as I do but she loved Reese's Snack Barz. It was a very sad day when we could no longer find them. They started selling them in a box of six bars but then those were gone too. 

I still to this day, look for them at every gas station I go to. I hope that one day they well be there and it was all a bad dream. I scoured the internet looking for a recipe. I found lots of delicious looking ideas but not what I was looking for. I decided the other day that I would make my own recipe. It was about twenty minutes before Noah got home from school. We were very happy with the results. 

Reese's Snack Barz Copy Cat Recipe

1 bag of milk chocolate chips
1 teaspoon shortening 
5 ounces of mini marshmallows 
3 cups Rice cereal 
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter for cereal layer 
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
Approximately 3/4 cup powdered sugar (I eye balled it) 


1/2 cup peanut butter with the powdered sugar and mix it until it becomes dough. You may add a little milk if you feel like it is getting too hard to mix. 

Pour the dough on waxed paper and mix with your hands. Set aside in a bowl. 

Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. 

Add marshmallows and let melt. Add 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Mix in cereal. 

Place the cereal mixture on the top of the chocolate layer. Work quickly. 

Add the peanut butter dough on the top and press it down. You may want to wet your fingers to make it spread easier. 

Let cool

Cut the bars. Melt the milk chocolate chips with a teaspoon of shortening in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Hand dip the bottom of each bar. Turn upside down until the chocolate hardens  

No comments:

Post a Comment