Saturday, July 11, 2009

In my Pantry...

I decided to clean out the pantry today. There was so much stuff in there. It seemed like if one more thing was put in there everything would fall out! I did half of it. There was all kinds of food that I didn't even remember having. I sorted through it all. I threw away all the expired boxes of food. I found some Jell-o that was really old. Jell-o is small so it can get hidden away at the bottom of the basket. I also found 4 yes FOUR boxes of Swiss Miss. They were all open but only missing a couple each. I threw two of the boxes away because they had since expired. I did learn that Swiss Miss has really small expiration dates on them. You have to squint to see it even. It's Summer so I don't see me drinking much Hot Chocolate. I did realize I have a bunch of snacks too. I put them all in a basket. I love sweet stuff and Candy. I had to keep saying to my adorable little helper to stop trying to get in the cookies. Meh I only had to say that a few times. He was very curious about what was in there as was I. I was excited to see that I have 7 tubs of frosting in there as well. I should probably clean out my linen closet and check out if any of my many skincare products have expired as well.

I love cupcakes and cakes and cookies oh and brownies. I really wanna try the Fairytale brownies that everyone is always talking/blogging about. Other than that we have been just hanging out at home. I have been watching Harry Potter all day it seems like. My son seems to be interested in what is going on. I needed a break from Caillou, Thomas, Zooboomafoo, Barney and Blue's Clues. Those are shows that are always on at my house. Yesterday I bought a Panini maker from Macy's for 20 dollars so we are having Cuban Sandwiches for dinner. I love them. I love my kitchen gadgets and goodies.

I love to cook and bake so naturally I would spend lots and lots of time in the kitchen. I have always loved to cook and bake. As soon as I was old enough I was helping my mom and grandma in the kitchen. When I was in Third grade I was making bread from SCRATCH (mixing,kneading the whole shabang) all by my self. I used to make bread on snow days. One Christmas I really wanted an Easy Bake Oven but instead of getting one I got a big box of Jiffy mixes from Santa and was using the real oven. You know what is weird? I love to cook but I have never really had an apron. My grandma always had aprons for me to wear but I never had one. I hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment