Thursday, September 17, 2009

My exclusive interview with Doug Savant

This morning I had the opportunity to have an exclusive phone interview with Doug Savant. Doug plays Tom Scavo on Desperate Housewives. I happen to love Desperate Housewives I watch it every day on Lifetime and also on ABC on Sundays. I have seen the first 4 seasons multiple times because Lifetime keeps playing them. Doug was also a guest star on NCIS as priest. Desperate Housewives is one of those shows that just pull you right in and captivates you. Each season has a mystery story line and so far the mysteries have been getting better and better.

I was really nervous at the beginning but Doug put me right to ease. He is so down to earth and friendly. He made me feel like we were old friends catching up on what is new with our lives. It was weird when he was first on the line cause I knew it was him from watching the show so much and not Dr. Oz.

Doug is very nice and I really enjoyed talking to him. He told me about a new book that he is involved in. The makers of Listerine co-developed a really cute book of illustrations with humorous captions. The book is called 36 and ½ Reasons To Laugh A Slice of Life. It is written by Rick Adams and illustrated by Chuck Gonzales. This book helps you remember to laugh at those funny moments in your life. After all they say Laughter is the best medicine.

For every book produced, Listerine made a generous donation to The National Children’s Oral Health Foundation’s program called America’s Toothfairy to help low income families get dental care for their children. There a millions of children that have toothaches and that prevent them from eating properly. Some families just can’t afford dental care and it tends to be something that gets forgotten.

The book is excellent. Every page has made me laugh. It would be a great coffee table book for your guests to pick up and look at. It would definitely be a conversation starter. I hope you all will check it out and help those children have a healthy Smile. For more information please visit Listerine's website

Of course we talked about Desperate Housewives as well. I got some inside information. He didn’t tell me who Mike is marrying but he did say I would find out within the first few minutes of the first show of the new season. The new season of Desperate Housewives starts Sunday September 27th at 9 pm ET. I also asked him about Dave and if he is coming back this season. He said that Dave hasn’t reared his ugly head on the show yet but you never know with Desperate Housewives. Dave was really creepy.

I asked him about working with the ladies. He told me that everyone thinks there is a lot of drama behind the scenes on the set but it is not like that at all. He talked about working with Felicity Huffman and how they have great chemistry together. He said that he has a great off screen wife and a great onscreen wife as well. Doug said that he can’t wait to go to work and that he loves his job. He talked about how much fun he has on the set with his co-workers as well.

We talked about his life and his 4 kids and his wife. I asked him if he would ever become a stay at home dad like on the show and he said that he and his wife are both actors and he already does everything a stay at home dad or mom would do . I thought that was wonderful that he makes time for his family even with his busy schedule.

Doug was interested in me as well. I thought that the interview was going to be about him and the book and the show but that wasn’t the case. He asked me questions about my blog and my life. I told him about where I am from and about my son Noah. We talked about what I like to write about and what products I found that are especially good. I told him about Fairytale Brownies because they are so delicious. Look for my review of Fairytale Brownies shortly and a giveaway too. Maybe he’ll enter lol.

He asked me if I am a Colts fan and I didn’t hear what he said so I said a who fan. He told me he likes the Colts too and how much he likes Peyton Manning. Neither of us knows who the Colts are playing Sunday though. Doug is very funny and interesting and I couldn’t ask for a better guy to talk to.

So Thanks Doug for the chance to talk to you and for taking time out of your busy day to talk to me. I hope we can talk again sometime.

6 comments:

  1. Kudos!! How cool!! I totally remember him from back in the day on Melrose Place lol

    I watch DH also!:) Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Didja happen to mention me to him? Just kidding! I'm glad the interview went well. Its great to hear about America's Tooth Fairy. What a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that he was interested in you too...sounds very personable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always liked him since way back on Melrose. Sounds like you guys had a good conversation.
    Kasandria

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is such a sweetheart, I loved him on MP way back when, and I recall the epi from NCIS! I don't, however, watch DH.

    Congrats on your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool blog Sheila. Glad I got a chance to look at it.

    ReplyDelete