Thursday, September 17, 2009

Aloha Friday

I know I have been seriously lacking on this meme.


My friend Kailani has a wonderful Friday meme called Aloha Fridays.
In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.

I have been watching LA Ink. I started watching it back in 2008 occasionally but now I have been watching it every week the past couple months or so. I love listening to the stories behind the tattoos. It has made me respect them more. Although I still can't understand a lot of tattoos that people get like tweety bird and other iconic tattoos. I just think when you are 80 you are going to regret getting that tattoo of a devil on your hiney. No, I don't know anyone with a devil tattooed on their hiney.

So my question this week is... If you were to get a tattoo what would you get and why?

I would personally probably NEVER get one. It is way too permanent to me. If I were to get one I would get my Grandma Rose's senior picture in black and white with the words "I love you more" under it. As some of you know my grandma Rose has always meant the world to me and she always will. I have a feeling she wouldn't like it because I don't think she likes tattoos. My cousin has a really cool portrait of his dad on his arm with El Diablo under it. It's gorgeous work. So what about you?

23 comments:

  1. I would not get a tattoo. I cannot think of anything I would want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. I don't think I would actually ever get one. IF I did it would likely be something with the names of my boys on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my two older boys names, and I need to go in for my youngest sons name, and the baby I lost last week

    ReplyDelete
  4. No tattoos for me, but if I did, it would be something to do with the ocean, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a tough one. I would want it to mean something, not just be a cute flower or something. Maybe one of my favorite Bible verses (SHORT of course, LOL!) And it would be on my ankle, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 3 already and while I like them - I still wish I had made it through that phase without so much permanent reminders. I have a sun, a heart made of dolphins and a butterfly. At least I had the presence of mind to have them in areas so that you can never see two at the same time. LOL
    All but one are always hidden by clothing as well and the other is on my ankle so people don't normally see it either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never get a tattoo because I'm too chicken. However, if I absolutely had to then it would probably be a flower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, a big no on actually getting a tattoo, but I'd go for something really random - like some argyle or maybe a rocketship.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is way I would ever get a tatoo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would get a butterfly, because it seems pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a few already but I want my next one be a lion with 3 cubs signifing me and my 3 kids.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I would ever consider getting one, they look good on men...but I am not a real fan of them on women. I think it is personal choice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know if I'd ever get one...I'm too chicken and I'm afraid I'd regret it.

    If I did, it would be small somewhere hidden by clothing. Probably my daughter's name, the word "Imagine", or a picture of something I love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I almost got a tattoo of a sunflower on the side of my leg above my ankle. But I chickened out because I hate needles and was afraid of the pain. lol

    http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2009/09/aloha-friday-desk-inspiration.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've thought about a flower on my ankle. I don't have any tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wouldn't get one but if I did, it would somehow incorporate my children into it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would not get a tattoo. Some of the designs look cute, but not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a crescent moon and stars on my hip. I never see it so I forget it's even there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a small tattoo of an obscure video game character. I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I already have a few. I want to get another that signifies me as a mother with my babies names. I haven't decided what yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I already have one...
    If I were to get another one, it would be something to do with my son!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nope! They aren't for me but if I had maybe 3 months to live or something drastic like that happened then I might get the name of my blog on my lower back! ROFL... I crack myself up.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was right there with you 6 months ago...they are not for me...but I went on a weekend trip with my sisters to Canton TX...and they wanted to get one together...I did it..got a heart with wings as did my one of my sister's -the other got her kids initals in chinese lettering. It was quite a bonding experience.

    ReplyDelete