Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hosptial Gowns are not a fashion statement I wanna make.

On August 1, 2005 it was just like any other morning. My old best friend and I were driving down the road and we were taking her daughter to Grandma’s house so her son could go to the dentist. We turned in her parents’ neighborhood as we had done a million times before. We were turning in and all the sudden I started screaming. We had been hit. We were T-boned on my door. We spun around five times or so and then came really close to crashing in to a brick sign. Thankfully we stopped. The whole time we are spinning I was screaming. I was so scared. I thought I was going to die.
Photobucket
The man who was in the other car who was going really fast we think purposely hit the car, the brand new Acura TSX that she had bought a little over a month. I was stuck in the car. The kids were fine and so was my friend. They all got out really easily. I had to be pulled out of the car on a board wearing a neck brace by 4 firemen. I was conscious. Every person I talked to which was many I would say make sure they know I am allergic to latex. I rode in the ambulance and I didn’t know if my leg was broken or what was going on. I had some cuts where the window shattered and stuff. The car was completely totaled. RIP beautiful Acura.
Photobucket

In the ambulance they cut off my favorite pair of Silver Jeans. I loved those jeans so much. They had to take scissors and cut them down the sides all the way down. I got to the hospital and nothing was broken, surprisingly. I took all the impact on my door. I didn’t know where my friend and her kids were. They were going to take her to another hospital but I found her shortly after they said I could go home. My mom had her cell on during the day that day because my grandma was in the hospital so, I know it scared her when she got a call from the Fire Department from my number. I had no shoes because I took them off in the car. I had no pants because they were cut off.
Photobucket
I went home in a hospital gown and a t-shirt, barefoot. We had to stop to get my prescriptions for pain meds filled. I am glad that for some reason I was sitting differently that I used to. I wasn’t sitting Indian style, which is a good thing or I would of shattered my knee cap. I couldn’t really walk the first day. I had big bruises and I spent a lot of time lying in bed sleeping.

I still have really bad car anxiety too. It has gotten a lot better over the years though.

7 comments:

  1. What a blessing that you survived that with no serious physical injuries! I hope that some day you can enter a car without feeling any emotional anxiety. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. That must have been terrifying for you. I am so glad that yall are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is scary, I have only been in one accident and I was pregant with our youngest.. scared the heck out me, I was so worried about the baby. I still get a little anxiety while driving on long trips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm so glad everything turned out well for you and that you are ok. How scary!

    On a sidenote: I LOVE Silver jeans too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are okay. I know that is traumatic because the same thing happened to me. I had just bought a brand new dress and was on the way to a wedding. Turning into the church someone T-boned us and the dress had to be cut off of me. I had been married 2 months at the time. Thankfully my DH ran out of the car and took off my wedding rings. The parmedics said if he hadn't those would have been cut off as well. So ((HUGS)) you are okay. Thankfully I was too (after many months of PT).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally under stand!!!! i had a bad accident in 1991 and i still cringe as i drive thru that intersection. sometimes i still get too afraid to drive thru it and take the long way home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh, what a terrifying story. thank goodness you are ok!

    ReplyDelete