Friday, March 5, 2010

I went to Wal-mart

Tonight, I went to Wal-mart. I thought it would be like any other of my many Wal-mart trips I had been on before. I was wrong. Nothing terrible happened but, it could have been really scary. I was shopping with Noah and we were getting ready to head to the check out. I observed a little girl who was no more than 5 if that, running around the store yelling Mommy? Mommy? I started to carefully watch her and see what she was doing. After a few minutes of waiting to see if she was claimed by a grownup I started following her. I was so scared that something would happen to her. I noticed no one was stopping her and asking any questions. After pretty much chasing her with my shopping cart and Noah in the cart. I asked her where is your mommy honey? She responded Chicago. I asked her where is the grown up that was with her? I didn’t understand what she said so I told her to show me.

Well after about 10 or so minutes she found the grown up she was with, who by the way was shopping like it was no big deal that she had no idea where the child was. She wasn’t even looking for her. I kept thinking what if I didn’t follow her? What if I didn’t ask her? Someone could of taken that little girl and been long gone by the time “grandma” would of known the child was gone. I couldn’t find any employees around either. I was half tempted to call 911. It all thankfully worked out, and she found her grandma and hopefully she will keep an eye on her during the rest of their shopping trip and every other trip they take.

Keep an eye on your kids; especially your young kids at the store. If you see a young child without an adult or looking for their parent, please stop whatever you are doing and help the child get back to them safely. I know it might be a nuisance but it is worth it. You could even save that child’s life.

4 comments:

  1. YIKES that is scary. I have help two code Adam kids at WM but it wasn't thet type of thing at all the parents were freaking out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so scary! So many horrible things are possible when children are wandering around, it actually angers me a bit that parents can be careless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes me want to cry for that poor child :( I'm glad you cared enough to make sure she was ok. Not everyone would do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have followed her too, BUT I think I would have over stepped my boundary and told "grandma" a thing or two. HELLO? Hasn't grandma been watching the news lately? It only takes a minute (or less) for a child to be abducted...and a lifetime of regret!

    ReplyDelete