Monday, December 20, 2010

Oneida Sure Grip 12 Piece Set w/Bamboo Block Cutlery Review

Photobucket

I was afraid of knives for a long time; I would have someone else do all the cutting for me because I was really scared. I finally learned the proper way to use knives although I still will not peel anything where I have to hold it in my hand like an apple. I am left handed and well it scares me. I think that every chef or the occasional cook needs a great set of knives, so when I had the opportunity to review a cutlery set from Oneida, I was really excited. I had some knives but not a whole set, they were just random ones, I didn’t even have any steak knives. Oneida is a great company that makes all kinds of dishes and silverware and even cutlery sets. My silverware is Oneida so I am very familiar with and trust the brand.

Photobucket

I received Oneida Sure Grip 12 Piece Set w/Bamboo Block. I love my cutlery set. It is a 10 piece set with a gorgeous bamboo block. I love the way it looks in my kitchen, even if it is on top of the refrigerator. I don’t want any accidents with Noah, after seeing another child walking around with a butcher knife like it was a toy. I make sure he can’t reach anything dangerous. The set includes 8" Chef Knife, 7" Santoku Knife, 6" Boning Knife, 5" Utility Knife, 3" Paring Knife, 6 - 4 1/2" Steak Knives, Kitchen Shears, Sharpening Steel and Bamboo Block for storage. The knives are really easy to use. I love the Sure Grip handles, it helps me cut, chop and mince with ease and peace of mind. I use the shears all the time. I love that in the block I can just grab them and put them back with ease without having to search for them. I wouldn’t grab the knives like that though. I think that this set is a great set for the beginner cook or the most experienced chef because it has such a variety of knives. I know it would be a useful gift for anyone who loves to cook. I have gotten quite a few compliments about how pretty it looks. I really like the bamboo block because I know that it will last a very long time.

There are so many things I want from Oneida. I love it all. I am one of those people that would love to have a professional kitchen with all the bells and whistles and equipment. I have always been this way, from my first cooking equipment from my Cooking With Cricket spatula and toast cutters, which I still have by the way. I still have the cookbook too. I will be buying some more Oneida products in the future.

For more information and to order, please visit Oneida’s Website.

Thank you to Oneida for sending me a complimentary sample of the I received Oneida Sure Grip 12 Piece Set w/Bamboo Block. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment