Thursday, April 21, 2011

Noah's Easter Calendar

Every December I get an advent calendar. I love advent calendar chocolate. Noah gets one each year too to count down the days till Christmas. This past Christmas was the first year he was really excited about it. He would love to open a window and count down the days till Christmas. He is really big on counting down to things. He says how many more sunrises until whatever it is he is looking forward to. He normally will say is it one more sunrise? Usually it is a lot more, but he knows that each day it gets closer to what it is.

He decided he wanted an Easter Calendar, like an advent calendar. Since I have never seen an Easter calendar, we decided to make one. I took a 12 by 12 piece of cardstock and took a ruler and made the right number of boxes. The idea was to either color or put a sticker in the box each day to count down. I even numbered the boxes backwards. Noah wanted me to change the way I made the twos because I made them with the loop in them. Instead of confusing him, I erased the twos and redid them for him.

When we were done, I went to look for stickers so he could mark off the first day, I left his Easter calendar on the fridge with magnets. I couldn’t find any stickers that were small enough. I probably could have looked harder. I know there are probably some somewhere but not where I was looking. I came down stairs and the first thing I noticed was Noah’s Easter Calendar was not where I left it. I asked him where it was because he wasn’t carrying it around. He showed it to me and there was little cars, trucks, and blimps and airplanes in some of the boxes. I let him finish the boxes. I am not sure how we will count down the days now. I thought maybe with a x, but I don’t want to ruin his chart and that might hurt Noah’s feelings. He is an amazing artist and I want to encourage his creativity as much as I can.

We never ended up using it. I didn't wanna mess up his creation. We had so much fun doing it though. I don't know where he comes up with these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment