Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Grilled Cheese Please!


My son is a picky eater. We like to go to restaurants to go out to eat. I used to not order him anything because he wouldn’t eat it. I thought once he was older he would eat there like other kids.  I felt bad when they would ask me what he was having when I said oh he’s fine. Of course he ate at home, I wasn’t starving my son.  There was usually bread or whatever for him to snack on. Sometimes I brought cereal, crackers, even applesauce.  I didn’t want to spend five dollars on a kid’s meal that I knew he wouldn’t eat. That’s crazy. I may as well throw the money in a gutter.  It was also wasteful.  It was kind of embarrassing to say just milk please.  As I started ordering him food I noticed the same basic crap on the kid’s menu. Hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chicken nuggets, and Mac and cheese, which are all, kid friendly.  It is missing one very important kid friendly item. This isn’t steak or shrimp skewers I am aware that is more for the older under 12 age set. This item is really cheap to make and very easy.  I think that all restaurants that have a kid’s menu should offer grilled cheese.  So, easy to make and saves parents the horrible task of saying please eat. Eat your dinner and everything under the sun.  I am asking no begging and pleading that you alter your kids menu and offer grilled cheese.  I would be a very happy mom if you would just buy some bread, cheese and butter.   You don’t even have to go to a specialty store to find it and anyone can make it.  If it is a Mexican restaurant cheese quesadillas are fine.

I would like to thank the following restaurants for having grilled cheese on your kids menu:

Steak N Shake

Waffle House- Noah has never been to Waffle House but that is what I always eat there.

Leverock’s- the best seafood restaurant is ever located in St. Petersburg Florida. It is amazing. I have been going there for years and they have the best and freshest seafood.  It was always a place we ate at on vacation growing up.

Panera

Paradise Bakery

Applebee’s

Red Robin- This must be a new thing cause I don’t remember them having grilled cheese before when Noah was eating a cupcake and apple slices.

Chilis

Do you know any other places that offer grilled cheese on the kid’s menu?  I look forward to your suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. Don't know if you have them out by you, but Sonic has them, they are on texas toast, but that is my favorite way!

    ReplyDelete