Monday, June 25, 2012

What's Cool about Vampires?


I don’t understand the fascination with vampires these days.  Vampires scare me. I used to love watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the movie. I never watched the TV show. I had no interest.  I didn’t watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer because of the vampires. I loved that she was a total valley girl and it was funny.  I thought it was kind of scary the first few times I watched it.  I remember watching it at Atlantic Beach in North Carolina with my old best friend Jenny. I remember we got in a big fight once when we watched it, and Caboodles were flying, or maybe it was ice and Caboodles and doll carriages were another time.  I don’t understand the whole Twilight phenomenon. I don’t think that guys should twinkle or sparkle or whatever they do in that movie.  For the record, I am not a werewolf fan either if you were wondering.  I don’t know what the cool thing about pale creatures drinking blood is. I do absolutely love Count Duckula.  Yes, I own the first season of Count Duckula. How can you not love him and Nanny and Igor? It was one of the coolest shows ever.  I was so excited when I got that on DVD.  I totally was a dork when I watched it with my friend Ben and the Thames thing came up.  If you don’t know what I am talking about it, check it out on YouTube. If you remember you will have the same reaction we did. We both felt like we were transported to our childhoods together.  It was like mind blowing.

I admittedly love the movie My Best Friend is a Vampire, but that is also a comedy.  I know there are all kinds of movies and TV shows about vampires, not the funny nice ones but the carnal ones that are all about the gore and I don’t know, I just couldn’t get in to them. I didn’t really like Interview with a Vampire and you already know how I feel about Queen of the Damned.  If you missed that post, I can’t stand it.  Maybe if they had nice vampires like Count Duckula, who was a vegetarian, I would be more apt to liking them.  I think it is gross.  It is scary, and not for me.  One of my favorite foods is garlic, so I know I am safe from vampires.  I eat enough that I don’t think they would even come within 100 miles of me.

I just remembered this guy from high school named Jerry. He was a vampire. Not a real one obviously, but I remember being leery of him.  He had fangs. He was in my drama class and I heard stories of him trying to drink people’s blood, and maybe an animal or two.  He was also a grip so when I was in choir he was always lurking in the shadows behind the scenes of the auditorium.  There weren’t any creepy blood loss deaths when I was in school, but I wasn’t going to take my chances.

Do you like vampires? What is it that you like about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment