Monday, August 13, 2012

GetSum App Review

If you follow me on Twitter or are my friend on Facebook you know that I really enjoy playing scrabble. I have won five times more than I have lost. So when I had a chance to review a really cool app called GetSum I was so excited. GetSum is a game that is a lot like scrabble so I couldn't wait to try it. I downloaded the app from iTunes and started playing. I spent hours playing it. It is addictive. Well math is not my favorite thing, you just use basic math. It's great for kids too. Noah is still a little young but someday he will play GetSum with me. It will give you a refresher in math and make you really think. How do you play do you ask? First you either pick if you want to do pass and play which is if you want to play with more than one person in your reach. You can also play with friends anywhere or a random fellow GetSum player. The idea behind the game instead of words you create equations using plus signs, minus signs, multiplication signs and division. At first it seems really easy but the more tiles you use as the game progresses the harder it is, especially when you are searching for a place to lay your tiles. There are certain places you cannot play on the board and if you add to a math problem it has to be equal to the other side.

When I played, I played myself and I was unable to finish a game before running out of moves. I would just resign and try again to get the hang of it. I wish they had computer players because games that you play with others can take a long time because most of the time they aren't waiting for the game. I think GetSum is a fun and educational game. I am determined to win or complete a game.

GoSum for the iPhone is available for download on the iTunes App Store for $0.99 HERE

GoSum HD for the iPad is available for download on the iTunes App Store for $2.99

 Players can also play the free version of the app with GoSum Free, available on the iTunes App Store GoSum HD Free for the iPad is available for download on the iTunes App Store

For more information about GoSum, please visit their website.  I hope you try it out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment