Friday, February 22, 2013

BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe

I love pizza. I could eat it all the time. I don't always want the red sauce as Noah calls it. I love to mix it up. I started making BBQ chicken pizza. Who doesn't love BBQ chicken? I know I do. Every time I make my special BBQ chicken pizza it is fabulous. It may not be the most beautiful pizza but holy cow is it amazing. I laugh every time I make it because my best friend Brandy always comments that chicken doesn't belong on pizza. She is a little crazy, cause she has never tried it. 

I wanted to share my recipe with you all. My recipe is different when it comes to ingredients and the building of the pizza. Most pizzas have the toppings on the top but this recipe has them nestled inside. Please don't laugh at my pizza pan, it is very old and has made many pizzas and fruit pizzas in my life. This pan could be well over twenty years old because it is the only one I remember, and I have a great memory. I am convinced I should be a history teacher because I am so good with dates and memories.  Here is my recipe:

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Pizza Crust (I use Jiffy it works well)
BBQ sauce ( I use Jack Daniels no 7 BBQ sauce)
One package precooked Chicken ( I use Tyson in the green pouch)
Half of an Onion or a small onion
8 slices of Bacon
5 slices or 4 ounces of muenster Cheese
 1 cup Shredded mozzarella
3/4 cup shaved or shredded Parmesan

When using the Jiffy Pizza Crust, I let it rise for two hours. I turn on the oven on the lowest temp, preheat it and turn it off. I usually leave the oven open a little to let some of the heat escape. Then close the door.  I rise the dough inside the oven. 

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees,
Oil the pizza pan and spread out the dough. Bake for 5 minutes. 

While it is baking chop the onion and chicken and bacon and put it in a bowl. Pour in some BBQ sauce to cover it and mix. Make sure it is completely covered but not swimming in sauce. 

 When the timer goes off, put a layer of BBQ sauce on the crust and then pour on the BBQ chicken onions and bacon mixture. 

Bake for ten minutes at 400 degrees.  While it is baking chop the muenster cheese. I decided match sticks work the best. 

After the ten minutes is up take out the pizza. First put on a layer of muenster cheese, then the Parmesan and finally the mozzarella.

Return to oven for 5 to 7 more minutes until the cheese is melted and enjoy. 

I hope you like this recipe. Let me know what you think. This a good quick delicious recipe that anyone can make.    

1 comment:

  1. I am like you. I adore pizza. But my waistline does not. We have this pizza place here that makes a prosciutto and caramelized onion pizza with a spicy "red sauce". I can't get enough of it. super thin crust. yum. I do think your pizza sounds great and i LOVe the added bacon.

    ReplyDelete