Friday, March 29, 2013

How to Make Roast Pork



I mentioned in my Cuban sandwich recipe that I roasted my own pork. I am sure people were wondering how to roast pork. I know when I was living in Indiana I tried finding it roasted at the grocery store and even Hispanic grocery stores and I couldn't find it anywhere. I had to figure out how to do it. It's really easy actually. You buy a pork tenderloin. I love a lot of flavor so I always coat mine with McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning. I make a crust of the seasoning and cook it per the directions on the pork. You don't have to pay more for it already seasoned. It definitely has a kick but nothing too spicy. I have also had slices of this pork with potatoes as a meal. You usually get quite a bit so I just slice it and it freezes well. This is great for when pork is on sale you can just season it, cook it, cut it and freeze it which is great when you have to have a quick dinner or doing a fend for yourself night.

29 comments:

  1. we just made roast pork the other night. I used Chinese 5 spice powder, garlic powder, onion powder and some salt to season it and then roasted it. It turned out pretty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I have never roasted pork. I don't eat meat but my family does, so I tend to stick to things I know. Unfortunately, that means BORING and REPETITIVE for my family. I think I'm going to try making Cuban Pork Sandwiches sometime. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime. Did you check out the recipe for Cuban Sandwiches?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I am kinda picky, I am not really big on pork chops.

      Delete
  4. These McCormick rubs make everything taste better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually avoid pork because I don't know what to do with it, so thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tenderloin is the only cut of pork I buy other than, well bacon :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great, I never made this myself

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never made roast pork before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to check out the Cuban recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't eat pork, but this sounds great though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks really great! I usually cook pork roasts in the slow cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a meat eater, but my husband would love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i don't think I've ever made roast pork

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love a good pork roast!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I make roast pork a lot - those McCormick seasonings are great for roasting meat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I should try pork roast sometime. I always do beef.

    ReplyDelete