Sunday, March 31, 2013

Weekly Playdate with Friends

One thing I really look forward to each week is the weekly play date we have with one of Noah's friends from school. We both look forward to it for different reasons. Noah loves to go out and play with a friend and other children. He's an only child so he doesn't have the luxury of always having another child to play with.  Luckily this friend has many siblings and the park always has kids running around playing.  Noah really looks up to his friend's older sibling.

I really enjoy it because I get to talk to a grown up. Noah's friend's mom is really nice and really interesting. Both of us being first year transplants we don't know a ton of people here. Making local friends for me is a challenge since I work from home online. I have become friends with this mom. She is really a blessing to us and I am so happy to know her. She is interested in my blog too. She told me she spent hours looking at it. When she spends hours that is awesome because those are precious hours I am sure.   She is a great mom with an amazing heart.  I look forward to every week. I look at the weather and pray its not going to rain or be really cold, just so we can have the special park time with this family.

30 comments:

  1. so important to have playdates we do them often

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get back to mom's night bingo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get that- I am in a playgroup that meets almost-weekly & I savor that grown-up to grown-up time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being the mom of an only who moved when she was just three to a place where we knew no one, I can totally relate to how much play dates mean to both the kids and to the Moms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love having playdates too. Great for mom and child!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to schedule more playdates for my kids because I need more adult interaction, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same issue with friends because of online work. It's weird because where I moved from I had tons of local friends and did lunch and stuff all the time. Now I do nothing, but I just enjoy the conferences and trips all the more because my online friends are so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand. I don't have a ton of friends (but I made it a resolution to get out there and make some new ones) and having someone to talk to in person is super important.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE! Play dates are good for EVERYONE :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love making new friends! In a transient city like Las Vegas, where people come and go on a whim, meeting quality people can be difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was very lucky and met a group of moms at Gymboree when our kids ranged from 6-8-months-old. 3 years later, we are in the midst of celebrating all of the birthday parties. I used to host playdates at my house - lots of toys for the kids to play with, and lots of comfortable seating for the mom's to lounge on. We could take a bit of a break and talk about kid and non-kid topics. As one friend put it, having a mommy group helps you stay sane.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE being able to have grown up time too. So glad you both have something to look forward to

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are past due for a playdate

    ReplyDelete
  14. We haven't started play dates yet…I really should!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Playdates are good for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I miss having an adult friend to do things with since I moved away from two of my very best friends. I have made a few friends here, but it seems like everyone (me included) are always so busy with our own lives, that we don't get chances to do things like GNOs. This is a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Play dates are great for moms, too! We really need the adult interaction.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds great! I need to make friends in my area, but I am too much of a loner. ~lol~

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to do more play dates.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait until my daughter has playdates!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish I had friends close with kids my kids ages.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That sounds awesome. I cannot wait to have play dates. We have book clubs now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My son needs to have some play dates.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wish my boys had play dates, but we live in such a rural area.

    ReplyDelete