Monday, April 1, 2013

Sheila's Spaghetti with Meat Recipe



When you think about spaghetti, you know that it is a meal that is great for feeding a bunch of people. Spaghetti is cheap and easy to make for a meal where you have lots of guests.  When I think of spaghetti I always think of the book Strega Nona. I think of Strega Nona and Big Anthony because I either make way too much or not enough.  Usually, it is way too much. Luckily, Noah loves spaghetti and he will gobble it up, like it’s no one’s business. There are different ways to make it of course. Most of the time I just make it with just sauce poured on and parmesan cheese. I will call that traditional spaghetti, but sometimes I want something more than just the sauce.  Usually when I can find hamburger on sale, I will make this recipe. It is great for serving a group because it is so filling and good. It is also really easy to make.

Sheila’s Meat Spaghetti Recipe

One box spaghetti
One Can Spaghetti Sauce whatever flavor you would like. I use Hunts
One pound hamburger
One small onion
A few garlic cloves

Cook Spaghetti per the box directions in a big pot, while it is cooking, start browning the hamburger in a skillet;  chop up onion and garlic. When the hamburger is almost done add the onion and garlic and cook through.  Drain the hamburger mixture.  Drain the spaghetti and return to the pot. Add the sauce and hamburger mixture and combine and  Enjoy!

37 comments:

  1. I've made spaghetti sauce using jar/can sauce as my base before. Especially adding meatballs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make something similar for my ex. I'm not much of a ground meat fan, so I don't miss preparing that...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make something pretty similar for a quick dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family loves spaghetti too - they never complain when I make it, which is good because it is a frequent go to dish when I'm lacking time and or ingredients for other things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to spaghetti night each week! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to have something like this once a week. Lightens the load on me and our wallets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually use a jar sauce and add meatballs or some extra spice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't eat meat, but I love spaghetti! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. spaghetti is so filling luv it. I usually use a can of tomato paste and a jar of tomato sauce with more seasoning. But it certainly sounds quick and easy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spaghetti is one of my favourite foods!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Spaghetti! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reminds me of my aunt's recipe- that brings back memories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved the Strega Nona story!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A perfect meal for those nights you don't have a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Going to have to give this one a try, sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea for busy nights!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is how we do ours too when I don't make it from scratch...well minus the onions LOL my kids would die with onions.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's about how I do ours. Although I add mushrooms instead of onions and garlic (both make me sick). I don't have time to make anything more complicated anyways!

    ReplyDelete