Sunday, October 6, 2013

Saying the Pledge of Allegiance

When I was in the car going shopping with my family today, my mom who is a teacher told me a story about her day yesterday. She mentioned how they were saying the pledge. I thought that they didn't say that anymore.  Noah has never mentioned it. I thought surely he would have by now. He sang and recited stuff from school all the time. I was surprised to find out that it is Florida Law to say it at school. Most states have a law that it's to be said in school. Not that I mind of course. I am all about God. I think for me growing up it was routine to say the pledge. It didn't bother me that it said under God. I am not sure I even noticed and it surely was never a big deal to anyone I knew. There were kids from India, and other countries who were different religions and none of them made a big stink about it. The Pledge  of Allegiance is a way to show that you are American and that you are proud of it. I personally think that not saying the pledge is disrespectful to America and even the people who serve and sacrifice their lives for our freedom. When I was in Girl Scouts, the pledge talked about serving God. Our money says In God We Trust, God Bless America the list goes on and on. Our nation was founded on religious beliefs, our forefathers were mostly religious. Why take that from our history? Why remove it from our nation? I am all for the right to believe in what you want. It's a personal choice but why? By saying the pledge it doesn't mean you are giving your self to God or by spending money you are doing the same. All of our money says In God We Trust. Maybe you should stop spending money because it talks about God. That's a little ridiculous. I feel that certain atheists and the ACLU is trying to take away something our nation was founded on. When you go to court you swear on a bible. Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God.

But what about the separation of church and state? Well, that means you can't really force someone to pray or worship. Back in the day I am sure they probably started the day with The Lord's Prayer. The Lord's Prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance are no where near the same thing. You aren't praying to God when you put your hand on your heart. You are merely honoring your country. There is a huge difference. Children aren't being forced to pray to God. Mentioning God isn't the same as worshiping him. If it were there would be a lot more people that believe in God. That's something certain people and groups do not understand. When did this country become so hell bent on removing everything we were founded on? Saying the Pledge of Allegiance is completely constitutional.  

Honestly, I don't mind if they would pray to God in schools. I know not everyone feels that way but that is my personal feelings. I think it would do our country some good. 

Do your children say the Pledge of Allegiance?

1 comment:

  1. My opinion is this, I don't mind the good part at all. However in order for me to be proud of this Country and teach my kids to be as well, we need to grow up and stop being the most humiliating Country in the world. I'm rarely proud to be an American any longer.

    ReplyDelete