Sunday, April 9, 2017

Sitting in the front seat



Growing up, sitting in the front seat of the car was awesome. I have an older sister, so naturally we took turns. There’s something so grown up about sitting in the front seat. You get to control the radio, and see everything through the windshield. Noah has started asking me when he can sit in the front seat. I haven’t decided when a good age is. I am pretty sure kids have to be twelve years old and tall enough with a perfect fitting seat belt. I remember sitting in the front seat a lot younger than that. I am not going to make a big deal about that though. I think when he is ready, he will be able to do it. I don’t like sitting in the back seat, especially for a long period of time. I think it goes back to when I used to get car sick a lot. I remember sitting in the back seat when my mom was driving when Noah was a baby for a long time. I wanted to be able to see him and tend to my sweet boy. When I am going somewhere with friends, I usually end up in the backseat. I am better now and I don’t get car sick. Whenever my aunt and uncle are around they always put me in the front seat. I am not sure why that is, but I don’t mind.

Noah has been talking about when finally he can sit in the front seat and how when we are with grandma that he will always have shotgun. I asked him where he learned that term and he said TV. I didn’t want to burst his bubble but most of the time, I will sit in the front seat. Growing up the adults were in the front seat and the kids in the back. We had a conversation when we were in Super Shuttle when we came home from Florida because Noah wanted to sit in the front seat. I told him when you are paying someone to drive you somewhere like Super Shuttle, you don’t sit in the front seat. He asked me why, and I said because that’s how it works. There needs to be space. I don’t know, you don’t ride upfront in a limo. I didn't tell Noah this but, I have ridden in a hearse before, but that was because I was stranded somewhere. It was the only way home. That was a very weird and creepy experience. I definitely didn’t want to ride in the back of that. It was not an in-service hearse, but it still made me feel really uncomfortable. Noah is in such a hurry to grow up, I remind him to enjoy being a kid. He will be in the front seat soon enough and driving before I know it. 

This post is in collaboration with
http://www.reedmantollchryslerdodgejeepram.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment