Monday, April 10, 2017

Three things I don't understand about drivers



When you are driving down the road and hear sirens, you are supposed to pull over so the emergency vehicles can get through. It’s a law in the United States. While it’s a law, I see cars that don’t pull over or rush through a light to make it before the emergency vehicle comes by. It really annoys me that people can’t be considerate or obey the law. You have no idea who is in the ambulance and what is going on. It might be a life or death situation. It’s also respect for those who risk their lives and take care of us when we need them to. Slowing down and pulling over is the right thing to do, even there wasn’t a law. If they are in a hurry they might not see you and there could be an accident. You could end up getting in trouble or a ticket for not stopping. It usually only takes a minute or two.

Another thing I don’t understand is why people won’t let cars get over. I believe that you should be kind to others. If a lane is ending or if someone doesn’t seem to know the area, let them in. You can wait a couple more minutes to get to your destination. I also don’t understand why people wait until the last moment to get in the correct lane. That was something I noticed when we were going on the Sunshine Skyway. A lot of cars would try and get over at the last minute and end up in the wrong toll lane.  They had signs to tell you which lane to be in before you approached the toll plaza.

One last thing I don’t understand is why people don’t wear seat belts. Seat belts save lives and it’s not that big of a deal. Wear your seat belt, it’s the law. I have seen people who are professional drivers, not wear a seat belt while driving their car. I am annoying and I will tell you to put your seat belt on until you do it. I would drive my ex crazy, because I made him wear it. Noah always wears his seat belt, I don’t even have to ask him to put it on. You get in the car, you buckle your seat belt first thing. You unbuckle once the car has been turned off. Not before that, you might be tempted to take it off when you’re pulling in the driveway but you can still get in an accident in your driveway.  Wear it every time, you probably will be fine, but it’s not worth the risk. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment