Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Kindness while Traveling

I love to give to others at all times of the year. I don’t think it has to be a holiday or a reason to do something nice for someone else. I love to give while I am traveling. You can just do a friendly gesture of holding the door for someone or letting them go in front of you at the store. You can purchase a meal for someone or maybe someone’s gas for their car. 

It’s really important to remember kindness and patience when you are traveling and experiencing delays. I find it extra difficult when I am stuck in the car.  We are all in it together. It’s easy to get frustrated, but it won’t make it any easier or go faster. 

If you have extra prepackaged snacks and a hungry kid who you don’t know, offer them a snack. I’m sure that if it’s sealed it’s not going to harm them if you ask first. There have been a few times when Noah was younger, I accepted prepackaged food from strangers. 

You can feed the hungry while you are traveling. If you see someone on the side of the road with a sign, offer them some water or a snack or buy them coffee. I know that they tend to have a bad reputation, but sharing a snack with someone is a kind thing to do. I knew a guy who while traveling bought a bunch of sandwiches for the homeless in a city he was visiting. I thought that was so cool of him. 


It’s fun to go somewhere and do something kind for someone you will never see again. During one of our trips to New Mexico, we went to the grocery store and I bought the people in front of me’s groceries. They had forgot their wallet in the car and didn’t have a lot of groceries. They were shocked and tried to give me money after the husband went to get the wallet. I said no it’s ok have a great day. They didn’t need me to pay for their groceries I don’t think, but I just felt like it. I can’t always do things for others, so it feels good when I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment